• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
JAugustW
Junior Boarder

Thought I Died & Went to Heaven

#100622 2 years, 7 months ago
A lady I was involved with had just gotten a job teaching at UC, Santa Barbara. So we moved to Isla Vista, an oceanside student ghetto of funky houses and apartments adjacent to the university.
First day there, we went for a walk, and my circuits got just blown... from every other building, Dead or Jerry music could be heard. I remember saying to her, "Damn! I can't believe it! I'm going to really like it here."
Soon after saying that, though, I found out what was going on... Jerry was gone. I hadn't died and gone to heaven... he had.
It sounds absurd, adolescent and hackneyed to admit this, but I shed more tears about Jerry than I did when my parents died. Although they had given me lots of love -- and I loved them -- it was Jerry's music (and Hunter's) that had taught me the importance of that word.
Anyway, in the space of an instant, that day went from being one of my happiest, to the saddest. Which taught me something else, too. Life can jump up and bite you in the ass in a heartbeat. And we're goddamn fools if we waste the time we have being haters.
Christ! All that sounds way too much like words of wisdom from me, Old Man Deadhead. But that isn't my intention... it's just another story. And anyone who lives long enough ends up with a bunch of them..
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Thought I Died & Went to Heaven

#100664 2 years, 7 months ago
It's always good perspective to remember that day and appreciate those that are still around us!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Thought I Died & Went to Heaven

#100773 2 years, 7 months ago
i was devastated when he died
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds