• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

Furthur MSG

#100534 2 years, 3 months ago
I'd just like to draw to everyones attention a pair of shows that I think are my personal favorite Furthur shows. I won't go into too much detail, the music speaks for itself. But these were Furthur's first shows at MSG as a band, so that made them sort of special. As if MSG isn't special enough. The sound at MSG is amazing. And it comes through in these audience recordings.

The first night has one of those amazing set lists that Furthur has gotten so good at coming up with.
www.archive.org/details/furthur2010-11-2...suraci.113235.flac16

And the second night I notice gets overshadowed by the first a lot, but give that second set a listen and I know you'll be amazed.
www.archive.org/details/furthur2010-11-2....z-man.110817.flac16
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: Furthur MSG

#100538 2 years, 3 months ago
Just by looking at the setlist if I had to choose one to listen to it would be night 2.
The voices tell me what to say
deadegad
Expert Boarder

#100552 2 years, 3 months ago
I was fortunate enough to go to both they and the joint were on fire!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#100585 2 years, 3 months ago
I was at both and there up in my top shows as well. first time Furthur played Weather Report - the energy the first night was as high I've seen it, the upper balcony was empty night 2 but both shows smoked
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#100684 2 years, 3 months ago
I wish Furthur would have done 4 nights at MSG instead of 8 at the Beacon. They are becoming too popular for such a small place.
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#100701 2 years, 3 months ago
I only attended night two, and Im happy about that, that second set flowed so nicely, weather report was so perfect, and that Unbroken Chain...oh man that was a high musical experience for me.
deadegad
Expert Boarder

#100704 2 years, 3 months ago
Island Head wrote:
I wish Furthur would have done 4 nights at MSG instead of 8 at the Beacon. They are becoming too popular for such a small place.

I hear ya. We'd all get in. I don't think they can sell out that many nights at MSG. It seemed pretty full night one, but the next had some empty upper levels. I don't know what the numbers look like when they plan these things.
sweetwilliamisdead
Junior Boarder

#100715 2 years, 3 months ago
I only got to see the first night but the show cooked. I think it was sold out that night, had seats kinda behind the stage but it still sounded great. I can still see in my head the whole place just exploding during the other one, its awesome the boys can still dominate venues of that magnitude
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds