• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: I was born in the wrong time.

#100488 2 years, 8 months ago
story of my life, but like JaugustW says, we're right where we're supposed to be.

i once had a counselor when i was in drug treatment years ago who thought i was the next life of an already passed on deadhead who died early long ago. it was weird and i just kind of shrugged it off and never thought of it for a while. i am by no means saying i am, but the older i get, the more i wonder. i think it's the feeling of being "home" when on the floor at a show. always experienced that feeling of "home"
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#100753 2 years, 8 months ago
JAugustW wrote:
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
I feel the same....I would have loved to experience the music in the 60's and 70's.

Well, obviously, it's all still out there to be heard. As for the experience part, I don't think it changed dramatically from decade to decade. Sure, the scene evolved from intimate venues like Winterland to football stadiums eventually, but the energy levels... the good stuff was always there to plug into, I thought. And Furthur, in my opinion, is taking some of the music to new heights. So, to borrow from Ram Dass, I'd just be glad to Be Here Now. We're always, I think, right where we're supposed to be.

Yea I may be right where I need to be but, its hard not to want to have been there for the shows at the Fillmore East!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#100763 2 years, 8 months ago
No desire to change anything here, Sure I wish I could have experienced pig pen, Keith and loads of other stuff. Also wish I could have seen Janice, Jim Morrison and countless other legends.

And I love the music to death, but If I had one wish, and I HAD to change places with someone, I am certain it would be with someone younger who has plenty of years ahead to enjoy the music. And I've got my "Jars of tickets" in a shoebox, but I'd trade all my yesterday(s) for one single a whole lot of tomorrow(s).
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by scar1et_f1re. Reason: I cannot type sometimes ( :) )
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds