• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

I was born in the wrong time.

#100414 2 years, 7 months ago
Last night i was delivering some herb to my buddy's' father, lets just call him Mr. Smith. Mr. Smith was the man who got his son into the dead who in turn got me into the dead. By the transitive property Mr Smith got me into the dead. After a brief conversation, i asked him roughly how many shows he had went too. He smiled and said hold on. After going upstairs he came back with 3 jars full of ticket stubs. 2 were entirely Grateful Dead and one was JGB, Bobby and the midnights, Ratdog, PL&F, and Furthur. Just seeing the tickets gave me the chills. The incredibe part was that he had a story for every single ticket. His first show was in 1971 which is long before my time on this planet started. Why couldn't i have been born at a different time?
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

Re: I was born in the wrong time.

#100421 2 years, 7 months ago
Ya but the kids in grade school now who get into the Dead are going to wish they were your age so they could have seen Furthur.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder

#100423 2 years, 7 months ago
never thought of it that way.... wow that does make me feel a bit better about it.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#100424 2 years, 7 months ago
I used to think the same thing especially when listening to Hollywood 8/6/71 man what I wouldn't give to see that show! But alas I must say I'm grateful just have seen The Grateful Dead.
The voices tell me what to say
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder

#100427 2 years, 7 months ago
your a very lucky person.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#100429 2 years, 7 months ago
I feel the same....I would have loved to experience the music in the 60's and 70's.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#100436 2 years, 7 months ago
I saw the grateful dead over 40 times between 93-95. It wasn't the 70 dead but it was what filled my life with meaning at the time. Furthur. This is some special stuff as well and we are all lucky to be able to experience it. So I say you were born at the right time.
GOOD LOVE
JAugustW
Junior Boarder

#100437 2 years, 7 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
I feel the same....I would have loved to experience the music in the 60's and 70's.

Well, obviously, it's all still out there to be heard. As for the experience part, I don't think it changed dramatically from decade to decade. Sure, the scene evolved from intimate venues like Winterland to football stadiums eventually, but the energy levels... the good stuff was always there to plug into, I thought. And Furthur, in my opinion, is taking some of the music to new heights. So, to borrow from Ram Dass, I'd just be glad to Be Here Now. We're always, I think, right where we're supposed to be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, scar1et_f1re, FurthurFlower67
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder

#100439 2 years, 7 months ago
i was hoping to hear from you on this thread JAugustW. I got a lot of respect for you and for everyone here. Thank you for the input.
Tucson John
Senior Boarder

#100487 2 years, 7 months ago
I saw the grateful Dead over a 100 times and I have said I was born in the wrong time 1000 times. My shows were the 80s it just depends when you were born I have learned be Grateful. I never thought I would feel the old vibe again and then there was Furthur. 99% as much fun as the day. I will never not have moments were I wish Jerry was there but he is in our hearts so I just regroup and smile because he would!
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds