• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1541

Re: To All Those Complaining About Beacon, Etc.

#100702 2 years, 9 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
wlewis wrote:
i don't complain because i've traveled all over the country to see this band. i am down for whatever they want to do. they call the shots not us. i got the 5 beacons i sought easily through frontgate presale. see ya'll there!!


I'm fairly sure you are in the minority wlewis. Many here cannot just take off for large stretches of time, over and over and maintain regular employment. Or if they have the free time, having the means to tour is often difficult.

You seem to be riding the perfect storm! For many of us, taking several days off to travel to a show can be problematic, a long string of shows out of town (in an expensive city) an impossibility). That's why I too feel blessed to live close to NYC, where the boys admittedly do some of their finest work.

Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart
You just gotta poke around.....


I too am a lucky New Yorker. It is true about the Philly-NYC-Long Island, New England being the Dead Belt. We're blessed to be able to catch so many shows so my heart goes out to those not so lucky. They do great shows here Phil said that much at last summer's Holmdel show --we were loud that day. I recall Bono saying the same thing at a 2005 U2 show at Continental NJ. They came back out after the encore and played another which is something they never do.

The TicketBastard sucks though. It's crooked. Open a business here and see how much your garbage haulage bill is by 'waste management consultants.' Just sayin'.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by deadegad.
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder
Posts:347

Re: To All Those Complaining About Beacon, Etc.

#100781 2 years, 9 months ago
jk420 wrote:
all the complainers are whining...plain and simple. Big friggin deal if you didnt get any tickets for the Beacon. So, blame the band for being greedy and trash the Beacon for being too small??......sorry all, but how about a BIG cup of shut the fuck up!! We've all been shut out of shows over the years. I was able to log on the PUBLIC sale at 10:10 Friday and get 1st row balcony for opening night and thats all. I'm not bitching and I've done every Furthur tour so far. Sometimes its the luck of the draw.The fact is, Furthur usually always sells out in NYC, even MSG, which is like 18,000 seats....they love playing here. If you dont like NYC, dont come, but enough of the whining already!!!! See you at BGCC
But remember... The squeaky wheel gets the grease!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1432
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: To All Those Complaining About Beacon, Etc.

#100793 2 years, 9 months ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
brokenarrow wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:
brokenarrow wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:
brokenarrow wrote:
I believe there was only one person complaining. He wasn't even going. I think he left the forum. Im going the first 2 nights. See you in nyc.


Really dude? Gime some of what your smoking... here's a thread from another site that my husband never even posted on. What threads were you reading? Cheap shots continue unabated bravo.

ratdog.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292274

At least he has convictions and isn't a kiss ass... go with the flow when something isn't right kinda person. DO you really want me to go back and post the threads from here that have multiple people complaining. Reality check yourself.


That's funny I never mentioned any names. Who said I was talking about your husband. So you assume this. That's funny how you got your husband out of my post.


Hmm being that he was the most vocal one, he left, he stated he wasn't going it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out who you were referring to. Now back to your point... are you srill claiming he was the only one complaining..answer the ? Look no further than this thread. I don't wanna really debate this but when people take blatant cheap shots with totally no factual information you bet your ass I'm gonna respond. Funny that all he did was state an opinion.. got attacked for it... yes maybe he overposted.. but then you got so called "deadheads" making disparaging remarks about my appearance LOL, telling him he's on pills ( he doesn't touch that shit) , and making all kinds of PERSONAL insults but thats aok. I'm going back to watching him win the Furthur Fantasy football League , all you haters know what you can do.



Last post about this. Find one place I was cheap shotted your husband. I clearly stated that he bought tickets from ticketmaster for nye. Then came on this board and ragged anyone who used ticketmaster because they were in cahoots with scalpers. So have a nice day.


Sometimes I really think the american educational system is failing. He never ragged on anybody for using ticket master.. again I'm gonna call you on blatant bullshit. Prove me wrong. He also posted that he did use ticket master as well as GDTS for NYE tix so other folks we know could get in. He also posted that if ticket master is the only game in town, you have no option. The only people he ragged on were people that attacked him or myself personally. Mainly Dire Wolf (who seems infatuted wih him) and some dude named Kevin. They took the first and many shots. Oh and Dire Wolf later apologized. (good for him). You still have conveniently avoided the ?.... you said he was the only one who was complaining ..not naming him but it was obvious to anyone with a 2nd grade education.. so that was your cheap shot .. he's not here anymore..you knew that.. and then make a disparaging comment like he's the only one who was complaining and he is gone not here to defend himself and you know it.. thats a cheap shot by definition. Have a nice day too just try to keep your facts straight.


DO NOT drag me into this bullshit and i didnt apologize as an means to some how allow you to validate his shitty attitude. it was to diffuse a volatile situation like a gentlemen before i run into you two in the elevator at the whitcomb and he starts yelling at me and Jenny and its an awkard situation for everyone...I just want a peaceful existence on this planet and to drop the bullshit as I knew he never would take action to do so on his own...I have no interest in ever being around you or your husband and my only 'infatuation' with him was calling him out on the horrible accusations and out of control things he was saying to and about people. When every one of his comments is intended to degrade, insult, demean, antagonize, or belittle then I am going to say something.

there is a difference between constructive criticism or speculation and his manner of addressing problems
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Dire Wolf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1505

Re: To All Those Complaining About Beacon, Etc.

#100801 2 years, 9 months ago
It's starting again.....
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf, amusingdeva
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1432
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: To All Those Complaining About Beacon, Etc.

#100802 2 years, 9 months ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
log on today to cheap shots after he was gone.. what did he or I ever to anyone but be kind. Differences of opinions yes.. but NEVER personal attacks.. like the kind we were subjected to. If I wasn't involved he would have probably brushed it off.


I cannot believe you think he never personally attacked anybody on this forum...the amount of times i saw foul insults by him was appalling. if you think him calling people zieg heil soldiers, stupid, worthless, telling people nobody cares about them, their lazy, selfish, and a mess of other horrible assuming insults isn't personal i can't imagine what you think would be!! trying to play the victim card after being one of the instigators is a slippery slope to be standing on.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder
Posts:8141

Re: To All Those Complaining About Beacon, Etc.

#100803 2 years, 9 months ago
will work for doses wrote:
As someone living in New York I would be very bummed if they moved New Years here.
Btw, I will NEVER go see a show at Best Buy, even if it was new years. That place sucks. NYPD might as well make it a precinct.


Radio City was actually worse, throwing people right out the first puff they seen come from them - no warning or anything.

at Best Buy I saw several people getting warned not to smoke or they'll be kicked out, at least they gave a warning!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:31898
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: To All Those Complaining About Beacon, Etc.

#100804 2 years, 9 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
will work for doses wrote:
As someone living in New York I would be very bummed if they moved New Years here.
Btw, I will NEVER go see a show at Best Buy, even if it was new years. That place sucks. NYPD might as well make it a precinct.


Radio City was actually worse, throwing people right out the first puff they seen come from them - no warning or anything.

at Best Buy I saw several people getting warned not to smoke or they'll be kicked out, at least they gave a warning!

Well, there are at least 2 forum folks who got arrested right outside Best Buy, so I know they don't want to go back there. I still say one of the all time best Forum moments was when Funky420 and George realized they'd been in a holding cell together. Such a warm small world coincidence!
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder
Posts:347

Re: To All Those Complaining About Beacon, Etc.

#100820 2 years, 9 months ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
brokenarrow wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:
brokenarrow wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:
brokenarrow wrote:
I believe there was only one person complaining. He wasn't even going. I think he left the forum. Im going the first 2 nights. See you in nyc.


Really dude? Gime some of what your smoking... here's a thread from another site that my husband never even posted on. What threads were you reading? Cheap shots continue unabated bravo.

ratdog.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292274

At least he has convictions and isn't a kiss ass... go with the flow when something isn't right kinda person. DO you really want me to go back and post the threads from here that have multiple people complaining. Reality check yourself.


That's funny I never mentioned any names. Who said I was talking about your husband. So you assume this. That's funny how you got your husband out of my post.


Hmm being that he was the most vocal one, he left, he stated he wasn't going it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out who you were referring to. Now back to your point... are you srill claiming he was the only one complaining..answer the ? Look no further than this thread. I don't wanna really debate this but when people take blatant cheap shots with totally no factual information you bet your ass I'm gonna respond. Funny that all he did was state an opinion.. got attacked for it... yes maybe he overposted.. but then you got so called "deadheads" making disparaging remarks about my appearance LOL, telling him he's on pills ( he doesn't touch that shit) , and making all kinds of PERSONAL insults but thats aok. I'm going back to watching him win the Furthur Fantasy football League , all you haters know what you can do.



Last post about this. Find one place I was cheap shotted your husband. I clearly stated that he bought tickets from ticketmaster for nye. Then came on this board and ragged anyone who used ticketmaster because they were in cahoots with scalpers. So have a nice day.


Sometimes I really think the american educational system is failing. He never ragged on anybody for using ticket master.. again I'm gonna call you on blatant bullshit. Prove me wrong. He also posted that he did use ticket master as well as GDTS for NYE tix so other folks we know could get in. He also posted that if ticket master is the only game in town, you have no option. The only people he ragged on were people that attacked him or myself personally. Mainly Dire Wolf (who seems infatuted wih him) and some dude named Kevin. They took the first and many shots. Oh and Dire Wolf later apologized. (good for him). You still have conveniently avoided the ?.... you said he was the only one who was complaining ..not naming him but it was obvious to anyone with a 2nd grade education.. so that was your cheap shot .. he's not here anymore..you knew that.. and then make a disparaging comment like he's the only one who was complaining and he is gone not here to defend himself and you know it.. thats a cheap shot by definition. Have a nice day too just try to keep your facts straight.


Wasn't this the same guy who was offering money for someone's personal information to go start a fight and posting videos with derogatory messages directed towards a member he disagreed with? I'd take a look back over the various threads and reread them, before trying to paint yourselves in a positive light and acting like your s*** don't stink, oh wonderful couple...

Before leaving he tried to spite people by saying thanks to so and so, someone wasn't getting a ticket, and trying to use things he had claimed he would do, as ammunition to spite the people he was angry with. "Thank so and so we're not giving you tickets, or showing you boobs!" He also went on claiming how great he was and how you guys did all sorts of things to help all these people, and that he was going to buy others tickets, etc. while trying to get other people to jump to his defense because someone repeated "Merry F*****n Christmas!" to the person who said it first.

I don't really want to get involved in all this nonsense either, and was trying to be diplomatic at first, but it seems a bit hypocritical to try and bring all these other people into a disagreement between he and another member by being spiteful and claiming how all he ever did was help out, while starting more fights and threatening people who didn't agree with him.

Sure it is acceptable to speak one's mind and stand up for themselves, but going about it like a child or a teenager throwing a temper tantrum isn't the way one should do it.

Just my two cents..
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by GratefulDad420.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder
Posts:8141

Re: To All Those Complaining About Beacon, Etc.

#100893 2 years, 9 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:
will work for doses wrote:
As someone living in New York I would be very bummed if they moved New Years here.
Btw, I will NEVER go see a show at Best Buy, even if it was new years. That place sucks. NYPD might as well make it a precinct.


Radio City was actually worse, throwing people right out the first puff they seen come from them - no warning or anything.

at Best Buy I saw several people getting warned not to smoke or they'll be kicked out, at least they gave a warning!

Well, there are at least 2 forum folks who got arrested right outside Best Buy, so I know they don't want to go back there. I still say one of the all time best Forum moments was when Funky420 and George realized they'd been in a holding cell together. Such a warm small world coincidence!


I thought Funky and George got arrested outside Radio City? ---- maybe I'm wrong or maybe others were arrested outside Best Buy as well, I actually did see someone getting arrested outside of Best Buy while waiting in line...

I'm not trying to argue and say its not a bad scene there at Best Buy, I actually remember security looking over stalls in the mens room trying to get people for smoking in there but RCMH is just as bad if not worse and I imagine the Beacon will be more of the same. I don't see it as a reason not to go there for shows though, you just gotta be prepared and be real discret with a 1 hitter if you want to smoke - and only when the lights are out and your cupping the flame! .... to each their own though, I understand people not wanting to go back.

also don't bring a metal smoking device to NYC cause they have metal detectors and if you look suspicious, you'll be selected for a random search (with the exception of MSG, maybe)..... I'll bring a little smoke with a glass 1 hitter to the Beacon but if I'm seated in a bad spot or anything seems sketchy I wont even attempt to smoke, don't need it and I wont be expecting to be able to..... I've been to NYC many times, and to both Best Buy and Radio City 5 times each and never had a hassle (except getting searched randomly but they wern't gunna find anything ; ) .....

again im not trying to argue with anyone but if you don't do anything illegal your not gunna get in trouble....... if your discreet with a 1 hitter with the lights off inside a show then more then likely you wont have a problem either. ..... If your lighting joints in the place, or outside, when you know their hard on it then you could probably except some trouble.

moral of the rant -- NYC shows kick ass and arn't worth missing cause you can't smoke up the place
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder
Posts:943

Re: To All Those Complaining About Beacon, Etc.

#100901 2 years, 9 months ago
great moral MM, NYC shows are kick ass and i'm from VA and live in NC now, the two NYC shows i've been in the door for were 3/13 with warren and the blue sky, which was extremely special for me i love that tune, and then MSG 11/10/11 which was awesome...and i am positive the Beacon shows will be no exception, april is gonna be a real fun month thats for sure
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds