• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: To All Those Complaining About Beacon, Etc.

#100677 2 years, 10 months ago
will work for doses wrote:
Hey Rockinbob, I hear ya', being a native Michigander. My first show was at Alpine, second show in Austin, TX. It was 3 years on the bus before I got to see them in Michigan (pine knob '84). Don't know why Furthur doesn't play in MI, other than I suppose they think there isn't the demand.

When I lived there, until '86 it seems like the average distance we drove to see a show was about 15 hours each way, so I know how you feel. Keep bugging them, they may eventually hit Detroit or Grand Rapids.

Hey there doses, welcome to the forum! As another Michigander I like the way you think. My first show was Alpine '82; hated those drives but it was always worth it when the music started!!

Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by SunshineSue.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#100678 2 years, 10 months ago
As someone living in New York I would be very bummed if they moved New Years here.
Btw, I will NEVER go see a show at Best Buy, even if it was new years. That place sucks. NYPD might as well make it a precinct.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder

#100679 2 years, 10 months ago
Hey Sunshine, I was at Alpine '82 also. The first night was great. Wonder if I might know you.....you go to MSU? Ever live in Grand Rapids area? Ever go to New Years eve?
will work for doses
Senior Boarder

#100681 2 years, 10 months ago
Hey Sunshine, I was at Alpine '82 also. The first night was great. Wonder if I might know you.....you go to MSU? Ever live in Grand Rapids area? Ever go to New Years eve?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#100682 2 years, 10 months ago
Actually, I did go to MSU, '79-83. You didn't drive to Alpine '82 in a VW Rabbit, did you? That would be too weird!
will work for doses
Senior Boarder

#100685 2 years, 10 months ago
Are your initials SG? No didn't drive to Alpine in VW.

Did you have a friend named Lise?
jk420
Junior Boarder
At least I'm enjoyin' the ride

#100687 2 years, 10 months ago
all the complainers are whining...plain and simple. Big friggin deal if you didnt get any tickets for the Beacon. So, blame the band for being greedy and trash the Beacon for being too small??......sorry all, but how about a BIG cup of shut the fuck up!! We've all been shut out of shows over the years. I was able to log on the PUBLIC sale at 10:10 Friday and get 1st row balcony for opening night and thats all. I'm not bitching and I've done every Furthur tour so far. Sometimes its the luck of the draw.The fact is, Furthur usually always sells out in NYC, even MSG, which is like 18,000 seats....they love playing here. If you dont like NYC, dont come, but enough of the whining already!!!! See you at BGCC
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#100689 2 years, 10 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i don't complain because i've traveled all over the country to see this band. i am down for whatever they want to do. they call the shots not us. i got the 5 beacons i sought easily through frontgate presale. see ya'll there!!

I'm fairly sure you are in the minority wlewis. Many here cannot just take off for large stretches of time, over and over and maintain regular employment. Or if they have the free time, having the means to tour is often difficult.

You seem to be riding the perfect storm! For many of us, taking several days off to travel to a show can be problematic, a long string of shows out of town (in an expensive city) an impossibility). That's why I too feel blessed to live close to NYC, where the boys admittedly do some of their finest work.

Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart
You just gotta poke around.....
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva, jk420
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#100690 2 years, 10 months ago
will work for doses wrote:
Are your initials SG? No didn't drive to Alpine in VW.

Did you have a friend named Lise?

Yes, at least my maiden initials were and Yes, tho' my Lise wasn't a head. OK, time for you to message me and tell me who you are so we can figure this out!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#100695 2 years, 10 months ago
killwhyT wrote:
Reality check cheque check. I just wanted my own thread about the Beacon. Oh yeah, and I got tix to five nights.

This space is getting hot?

Congrats on scoring the 5 nights. I got the two nights I wanted!
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds