• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: To All Those Complaining About Beacon, Etc.

#100526 2 years, 8 months ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
I just checked it was funky 420 who posted overkill. Then you take a cheap personal shot at me, BOTH of our pictures are up on this site "challenged" one I'll let the folks decide ... although It might take someone a lil more educated to find em. Where were all the folks enraged about my husbands calling a guy a "bailer" when you type crap like this. Sad. (actually I did see a few jump in and say something but none of the people you would expect..thank you to those that did) Going to sleep now. Merry Christmas

You typed:

big surprise you use "rage against the machine" and "overkill" to make your point WRONG
tell your wife to keep those sagging puppies covered up NICE CLASSY
p.s. pm or post your pic and ph#, tough guy, --- Search they are here

jen i actually saw the thread you posted a couple pix in but i was unable to view them they were cut off only showing outer portions of the photo, it was weird but it happens to a lot of peoples photos who attach them at the bottom of their post
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#100531 2 years, 8 months ago
kevin wrote:
why do you feel the need to argue EVERY little point?

really???

you throw my name around like im some kind of disease twice in 1 thread over silly stuff.

you are way too serious for this board

"strangers stopping strangers
just to shake their hand
everybodys playing in the heart of gold band"

Wow first post after mine.. are you serious... my husband must be reading crystal balls.. you were the first post to follow mine is your life that sad? Just as he predicted. Make personal insults you will get responded too.. demonstrate a total lack of intelligence and class when doing so and you will always get a response. Now see if you can control yourself and not respond to this one.. I know its gonna be hard you may get the shakes but you can do it!!!! Do I need to tuck you in ?
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#100535 2 years, 8 months ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
I just checked it was funky 420 who posted overkill. Then you take a cheap personal shot at me, BOTH of our pictures are up on this site "challenged" one I'll let the folks decide ... although It might take someone a lil more educated to find em. Where were all the folks enraged about my husbands calling a guy a "bailer" when you type crap like this. Sad. (actually I did see a few jump in and say something but none of the people you would expect..thank you to those that did) Going to sleep now. Merry Christmas

You typed:

big surprise you use "rage against the machine" and "overkill" to make your point WRONG

your husband called me out to "post a pic tough guy" and to pm My "addy and a photo so" so he could confront me at the beacon
your husband threatened you wouldnt be flashing the new years crowd because of me
your husband also threatened to "not hook up "doin that rag" with a saturday miracle because of kevin and people like him

leave my name out of your anger
if you didnt reference me by name, i would not have commented
last i heard, GDSTTOO had a ph# and email address to complain to

why dont you vent at GDTSTOO instead of me

(rhetorical question, PLEASE don't answer)
-- smell every flower --
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#100545 2 years, 8 months ago
[quote="kevin" post=100535]gr8fuljen wrote:

You typed:

you really are to easy. . I'm gonna take it easy on you because I really think you are "special"..first you failed the test that children have to pass to restrain their urges.. "set up like a bowlin pin"...

your husband called me out to "post a pic tough guy" and to pm My "addy and a photo so" so he could confront me at the beacon
Maybe just maybe thats because you insulted his wife and posted this about him.. its in the ugly threads thread..maybe you were to drunk to remember:
take many pills, you amped up freak, keep your hostility in Jersey where it belongs ..LOL the most hostile post in the thread KEVIN ..and we live nowhere near Jersey
your husband threatened you wouldnt be flashing the new years crowd because of me
your husband also threatened to "not hook up "doin that rag" with a saturday miracle because of kevin and people like him

This is all absolutely true KEVIN. When we have been nothing but kind to people here and people like you think its fun & games to attack us. None of the above is gonna happen. Supposed friends not having our back didn't help but you were the last straw. I think you owe doin that rag an apology he would have been in Saturday ... OWN your behavior and comments KEVIN.
leave my name out of your anger
if you didnt reference me by name, i would not have commented
last i heard, GDSTTOO had a ph# and email address to complain to
why dont you vent at GDTSTOO instead of me

GDTS too did not insult me or post false hoods about my husband you did KEVIN.
"Knocked down, it gets to wearin thin, you just won't let us beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee oh no!"

Now I'm really going to bed KEVIN Now really feel free to let loose some insults.. I'll look forward to laughing at them at work tommorow. Merry Christmas!
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by gr8fuljen.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#100549 2 years, 8 months ago
No offense but you were lucky with FrontG. I know of instances where TM-- definitely -- and I think FortnG, where the page was blocked, or not open, meaning you could not bid on tickets for several minutes and up to to five full minutes after the official start time. As I said in my post above I know people who know people. . .. There are many scams inside and out.

Former D A and Governor of New York Sate Eliot 'I love Young Hookers' Spitzer practically legalized it for awhile. I guess he should have legalized hookers LOL!

There is nothing wrong with Furthur playing the Beacon for eight nights and TicketBastard Skullduggery is not their fault.

Yet I for one hope 'they' hear some of this and if at all possible get GDTS a greater allotment for the fans.

Resolving the TicketBastard B.S. will require a lot more than anything we or Bob and Phil have got though.

I think the venting here on some of this is justified and may help in some way.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by deadegad.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#100560 2 years, 8 months ago
i aboslutly love living in nor cal, and yeah furthur hasnt sold out all 3 nights yet, but they will sell out.
the west coast has the best music scene nation wide.
i personally dont like it when shows sell out all quick, dont get me wrong, i want the boys to make their money, i just think theres much difference in a show selling out the day the tickets go on sale, vs. the day of the actual show, and the latter makes it easier to get tickets.
and im all for the boys goin to the east coast and makin alot of money, but look where they are investing it.
TRI, out here in cali, Phils not goin build terrapin whatever anywhere but here.
the grateful dead are a cali band, they sing about it, they are proud of it, so what if you guys are easier to sell out a show with.
the boys know why the west is the best, and it aint got nuthin to do with money.
its like anouther country out here. a country where mcdonalds is outlawed, and weed isnt.
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#100586 2 years, 8 months ago
I was disappointed because I had someone at an outlet at 10AM waiting to pay cash for tickets, since I didn't have a credit card, but no luck. GDTSToo said you pretty much wouldn't get them for the Beacon even if you sent in the first day. The moment I clicked the presale through Frontgate (a few minutes after the exact time the presale went on sale), the front page said that every show was sold out, and when I checked the public sale online at 10AM, myself, just to see if there were any tickets, there were none. Yet I checked stub hub at probably 10:07 AM, and there were 200+ available for one night, and 400+ for another night. How do 400 tickets get sold and then put on stub hub within 7 minutes of them going on sale to the public?

It bugs the hell out of me, seeing as I have spent my life traveling from show to show, buying at least 1-2 tickets to give away as miracles, for every show on the last 4 tours, except a few shows I couldn't get to, only to find out I am going to likely have to pay double the cost to get in. I generally get lucky and make my way in, but times are tough, I am a new grandfather, and I have spent probably $15-20K on the last 4 tours with all the expenses, to find I might not even be able to get in. I tried every possible way I could possibly think of to try and make it happen, only to be disappointed.

I am all for the boys making money, and not having to run all over the country in a bus, because I know how taxing that can be on a person. It's been my way of life for a long time now, but I sure wish that GDTSToo would at least get enough to take care of us die hard DeadHeads. I honestly suffer from depression every time I know there is a show, and I can't be there, even if I have a ride, the money to buy a reasonably priced ticket, and free time to see it, only to find out that as many as 400 tickets in a single night were sold to people who aren't even interested in seeing the band.

I know the band is doing these shows for us, and keeping it going to help provide the magical experiences they do for us across the country season after season, year after year, but there has to be some way it can be done, where we don't have to deal with the shady selfishness of scalpers and people who have no real appreciation for this music. I don't fault the band, nor do I know that it is necessarily the managements fault, so I won't point fingers or try to place blame on someone or some people if I don't have the evidence to back it.

I will, however, be trying my hardest to find a reasonably priced ticket, spending money to be at these venues, and putting whatever money I can back into the band, the scene, and the family of friends I have made throughout the years I have spent touring. As for this last tour, I missed the first two shows, and Virginia, but I didn't see any of the venues aside from the ones I mentioned that were half empty. I am all for the intimate setting, and better sound quality of these smaller venues, but I am still very dissatisfied at the availability of tickets for myself and my companion, when we were both trying two to three different avenues to get tickets, only to find out we couldn't.

I have spent a minimum of $3-4,000 on every single one of the last 4-5 tours doing my best not to miss a show, only to have this happen at one I was working so hard to make it to and get in. I seriously hope I don't have to spend another $150 bucks on a single ticket for a single night like I had to this year for a sold out show. Before that time, my record price to get into a sold out show, was right around $1-125 (can't recall exactly). If this trend continues, I doubt I'll be able to share this experience with my children and grandson, which is one of the most important things I can do to give them a glimpse of what dad/grampa's life has been about for so many special years!

Please send me good vibes and wishes that I may get in at a reasonable price, as I think it's about time positive karma comes my way!
derek92
Junior Boarder

#100635 2 years, 8 months ago
Furthur has done SO MUCH for all of us. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU has had a show in your backyard this year. How many other fans of bands could say that?

Furthur did not play South Dakota Last year
but of yes Montana is so close?! Wrong red rocks is closer to my part of the state

always grateful just love trying to get furthur to come to South Dakota!
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#100656 2 years, 8 months ago
Reality check cheque check. I just wanted my own thread about the Beacon. Oh yeah, and I got tix to five nights.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#100671 2 years, 8 months ago
Hey Rockinbob, I hear ya', being a native Michigander. My first show was at Alpine, second show in Austin, TX. It was 3 years on the bus before I got to see them in Michigan (pine knob '84). Don't know why Furthur doesn't play in MI, other than I suppose they think there isn't the demand.

When I lived there, until '86 it seems like the average distance we drove to see a show was about 15 hours each way, so I know how you feel. Keep bugging them, they may eventually hit Detroit or Grand Rapids.
Time to create page: 0.93 seconds