• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

Re: To All Those Complaining About Beacon, Etc.

#100477 2 years, 8 months ago
You make a good point, A lot of people have had home town Furthur shows including me. And it was amazing to see the not even half full Knickerbocker, kind of sad. Were was the almost sold out crowd that came for the Dead 09 at the Knick??

It makes sense to do an 8 night Beacon run, especially after a tour with very disappointing ticket sales.
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#100480 2 years, 8 months ago
brokenarrow wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:
brokenarrow wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:
brokenarrow wrote:
I believe there was only one person complaining. He wasn't even going. I think he left the forum. Im going the first 2 nights. See you in nyc.

Really dude? Gime some of what your smoking... here's a thread from another site that my husband never even posted on. What threads were you reading? Cheap shots continue unabated bravo.

ratdog.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292274

At least he has convictions and isn't a kiss ass... go with the flow when something isn't right kinda person. DO you really want me to go back and post the threads from here that have multiple people complaining. Reality check yourself.

That's funny I never mentioned any names. Who said I was talking about your husband. So you assume this. That's funny how you got your husband out of my post.

Hmm being that he was the most vocal one, he left, he stated he wasn't going it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out who you were referring to. Now back to your point... are you srill claiming he was the only one complaining..answer the ? Look no further than this thread. I don't wanna really debate this but when people take blatant cheap shots with totally no factual information you bet your ass I'm gonna respond. Funny that all he did was state an opinion.. got attacked for it... yes maybe he overposted.. but then you got so called "deadheads" making disparaging remarks about my appearance LOL, telling him he's on pills ( he doesn't touch that shit) , and making all kinds of PERSONAL insults but thats aok. I'm going back to watching him win the Furthur Fantasy football League , all you haters know what you can do.

Last post about this. Find one place I was cheap shotted your husband. I clearly stated that he bought tickets from ticketmaster for nye. Then came on this board and ragged anyone who used ticketmaster because they were in cahoots with scalpers. So have a nice day.

Sometimes I really think the american educational system is failing. He never ragged on anybody for using ticket master.. again I'm gonna call you on blatant bullshit. Prove me wrong. He also posted that he did use ticket master as well as GDTS for NYE tix so other folks we know could get in. He also posted that if ticket master is the only game in town, you have no option. The only people he ragged on were people that attacked him or myself personally. Mainly Dire Wolf (who seems infatuted wih him) and some dude named Kevin. They took the first and many shots. Oh and Dire Wolf later apologized. (good for him). You still have conveniently avoided the ?.... you said he was the only one who was complaining ..not naming him but it was obvious to anyone with a 2nd grade education.. so that was your cheap shot .. he's not here anymore..you knew that.. and then make a disparaging comment like he's the only one who was complaining and he is gone not here to defend himself and you know it.. thats a cheap shot by definition. Have a nice day too just try to keep your facts straight.
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#100484 2 years, 8 months ago
although i'm curious why WITS reamed JaugustW for "bailing" and running like a child and then actually did exactly that himself. he did not have to dip out. it's stupid anyone would feel compelled to leave. everybody here knows how to act like an adult. respect, awareness.

Two totally different situations. All he did was call Jaugust a bailer a guy who was here for all of two days... and the guy freaked. He had alot of supposed friends here... people whom he had sent free shit too.. had a lot of contact with.. people who are getting the extras we kindly bought... he's'been here sinced the board started.. and around a long time.. and he was right he thought the system for tix was unfair and that GDTS too getting little or no tix was bs.. I log on today to cheap shots after he was gone.. what did he or I ever to anyone but be kind. Differences of opinions yes.. but NEVER personal attacks.. like the kind we were subjected to. If I wasn't involved he would have probably brushed it off. He said ( and correctly) I don't wanna bring the board down. Every time I post from now on Dire Wolf and or Kevin or others of their ilk are gonna be the first ones to respond with personal insults to me and you. So he took the high road and left. Who knows he may come back but I doubt it. He's not the kind to come back under a different name either I GTD you that. & if he does watch... Dire Wolf & Kevin or them under different names will start back with the same shit. Have a nice night all...
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#100489 2 years, 8 months ago
Carl wrote:
yankeesmed wrote:
If you forgot to wake up to your alarm clock, that is your fault. There is nothing going on "behind the scenes" to keep tickets away from you. The only thing happening is a great band is playing in a small venue.

anyone who claims to be in the know is simply illustrating their own ignorance. Seriosuly man, your a wanker. plain and simple

its not about being able to 'get tickets'. its about how fans used to be able to mailorder and get tickets and now we as a whole cannot. we did not have to pay an extra 25% in fees to ticketbastard. The issue is how many tickets GDTSTOO gets and how many the ticket brokers and scalpers get. but hey, at least you understand the issue at hand!

You're all comparing a 2800 seat venue to the old days of 10k + arenas, ampitheaters and massive stadiums. Of course more people got their tix back then, there simply was more to give! I'll bet the percentage of Beacon GDTS tix is no different (in relation to capacity) than what they used to get for the large venues. When did you mail order for a venue this tiny? Sure, they did the intimate long runs in 1980, but that was pre mail order. True, many people will not get their mail order, but those that do will have amazing seats. You can already tell, a big chunk of the prime floor seats are going to be distributed via GDTSTOO. My fingers are crossed!
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#100506 2 years, 8 months ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
although i'm curious why WITS reamed JaugustW for "bailing" and running like a child and then actually did exactly that himself. he did not have to dip out. it's stupid anyone would feel compelled to leave. everybody here knows how to act like an adult. respect, awareness.

Two totally different situations. All he did was call Jaugust a bailer a guy who was here for all of two days... and the guy freaked. He had alot of supposed friends here... people whom he had sent free shit too.. had a lot of contact with.. people who are getting the extras we kindly bought... he's'been here sinced the board started.. and around a long time.. and he was right he thought the system for tix was unfair and that GDTS too getting little or no tix was bs.. I log on today to cheap shots after he was gone.. what did he or I ever to anyone but be kind. Differences of opinions yes.. but NEVER personal attacks.. like the kind we were subjected to. If I wasn't involved he would have probably brushed it off. He said ( and correctly) I don't wanna bring the board down. Every time I post from now on Dire Wolf and or Kevin or others of their ilk are gonna be the first ones to respond with personal insults to me and you. So he took the high road and left. Who knows he may come back but I doubt it. He's not the kind to come back under a different name either I GTD you that. & if he does watch... Dire Wolf & Kevin or them under different names will start back with the same shit. Have a nice night all...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
im glad i dont live in a world of absolute truths

ps
I got th-fr-sat and CT tix, didnt want to risk not getting them from GDTSTOO
after all it is all about the music
-- smell every flower --
Carl
Junior Boarder

#100515 2 years, 8 months ago
lewis, for a good portion of shows, especially in certain geographic areas, it is damn near impossible to get presale frontgate. so dispel my bullshit as much as you wish. In my opinion it is not really debatable when I have been shutout so many times and I come on the boards and read countless posts of folks who say the same thing. logged in in the first minute and none available, or got one night and went for night two and they were all gone. and forget about mailorder. GDTSTOO says chances are slim... guess we are reading different posts...
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#100518 2 years, 8 months ago
kevin wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
im glad i dont live in a world of absolute truths

ps
I got th-fr-sat and CT tix, didnt want to risk not getting them from GDTSTOO
after all it is all about the music

Awesome derwood.. you just proved my husbands point. You aren't the sharpest bowling ball are you? Oh and I didn't want to bump it but you proved you are special ed and I should treat with kid gloves... when my husband posted a Rage Against the Machine vid... someone else (Funky420?) posted another in the thread and a couple posts later you cited both as being posted by my husband. Keep amusing me.. I'll start quoting some of your kind "deadhead" posts that got things going in the wrong direction the other night... ..believe it or not.. some people can read and understand.. I was going to type comprehend what they read but I wanted to make it easy for you. SO keep up.. you look more foolish with every post..
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by gr8fuljen.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#100521 2 years, 8 months ago
why do you feel the need to argue EVERY little point?

really???

you throw my name around like im some kind of disease twice in 1 thread over silly stuff.

you are way too serious for this board

"strangers stopping strangers
just to shake their hand
everybodys playing in the heart of gold band"
-- smell every flower --
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#100523 2 years, 8 months ago
I just checked it was funky 420 who posted overkill. Then you take a cheap personal shot at me, BOTH of our pictures are up on this site "challenged" one I'll let the folks decide ... although It might take someone a lil more educated to find em. Where were all the folks enraged about my husbands calling a guy a "bailer" when you type crap like this. Sad. (actually I did see a few jump in and say something but none of the people you would expect..thank you to those that did) Going to sleep now. Merry Christmas

You typed:

big surprise you use "rage against the machine" and "overkill" to make your point WRONG
tell your wife to keep those sagging puppies covered up NICE CLASSY
p.s. pm or post your pic and ph#, tough guy, --- Search they are here
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#100525 2 years, 8 months ago
Carl wrote:
lewis, for a good portion of shows, especially in certain geographic areas, it is damn near impossible to get presale frontgate. so dispel my bullshit as much as you wish. In my opinion it is not really debatable when I have been shutout so many times and I come on the boards and read countless posts of folks who say the same thing. logged in in the first minute and none available, or got one night and went for night two and they were all gone. and forget about mailorder. GDTSTOO says chances are slim... guess we are reading different posts...

carl i read posts that state both sides. i must be really fortunate or something then because i've scored 55 tix from frontgate presales according to my order history. i can only recall one time not getting MSG 2010 ticket but was able to get it on ticketmaster in general public sale. i'm not personally attacking you either i don't want to come off that way. you were just a perfect example of what i was looking for. i think everybody needs to accept that not everyone has shitty experiences with these presales/websites/whatever.

now that i think of it, the same shit went around for the best buy shows on the spring tour, we just didn't have a forum here when it happened for everyone to discuss it. it was all over the other boards. i remember being fortunate to score a ticket for phils birthday as many people were shut out. and same goes for the fri/sat shows. they were such a hot item and on stubhub for similar amts of money and i was able to pull multiple tix day of on various boards/craigslist for face or less than.

i am not directing this toward anyone in particular but maybe it is partly user error in some of these situations. ya know, like possibly someone who doesn't know computers very well. having a prior knowledge of web browsers, their functions like stop, refresh, etc, familiarity with the site, all those things are probably a factor. when i go through the presales i am moving a million miles an hour i have already memorized and wrote down the exact order of shows i'm going for (different shows go quicker for anybody who doesn't get that yet) how many, e tc...i've already logged into my account and i've gotten myself to the point of instantly selecting the tickets the second my phone turns to the time, they seem to be sync'd up. my credit card is already out with all info written down i need from back. also, clocks! not every clock is the same. in this game, every second counts.

the mail order thing i just don't know. it's a tiny theater. GDTS never had a huge percentage of tix for other furthur shows regardless of size i dont think. it's a tough show everyone wants in not everyone can get in
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by wlewis.
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds