• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: I've Come to my Senses...

#100356 2 years, 4 months ago
It really does sound beautiful there. It's great to reconnect with the land. I love getting out in the back country.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, scar1et_f1re
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#100359 2 years, 4 months ago
First: Welcome back.

Second: This wouldn't be a family if it wasn't dysfunctional.

Third: Just for the record, are you the double rainbow guy?

Fourth: I wish there were a better video version. This one will get you seasick because it was filmed on the U.S.S. Furthur...AKA Ship of Fools.... but I hope you appreciate the sentiment.

Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JAugustW
JAugustW
Junior Boarder

#100365 2 years, 4 months ago
TS: Am I the double rainbow guy? Jeez... I don't think so. But, then, there's a lot I no longer remember.
That clip, by the way... thanks a bunch. I mean that. It somehow managed to be simultaneously hilarious and moving... a rare combo.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#100377 2 years, 4 months ago
Jaugustw i have a good friend who has panic attacks when shes in crowds ,she actual got disability for it,nothing odd about it or you and for the most part lots of people really do suck thats why its nice to hold onto the ones who dont and TS your damm right about family and dysfunctional awhile back a few bands were doing a summer tour billed as "the dysfunctional family picnic" i thought thats was a great title
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
mok
Junior Boarder

#100382 2 years, 4 months ago
JAugustW wrote:
And that's because I really get the "... listen to the river sing sweet songs..." lyric. God, do I love that song! .

Absolutely agree, I love that song and line as well; and it always makes me wish I was near a river I could stick my feet in. Glad you have one.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#100384 2 years, 4 months ago
J August WELCOME BACK and THANKS for your friendship. Family squabbles happen all the time, we are closer with some family than others and some people just like to play Devils advocate just to be different for which wlewis AGAIN has the right words to say at the right time. I for one dont care what anyone thinks of me as I am a good guy who loves all and is kind to all and you ARE the kind of person we NEED HERE! CELEBRATE HAPPINESS and the way this music makes us all feel, and PLEASE keep those wonderful early dead stories coming.
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#100390 2 years, 4 months ago
I don't think it even has to be a river. It can be the birds, anumals, just whatever surrounds you. You reach a point where you realize it's just time to stop and simply acknowledge the beauty of life. for my wife and I, none of our parents are still alive and that drives home the finite nature of living. And that just inspires us to realize how precious life is. What a sweet song it is.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#100517 2 years, 4 months ago
dude never let someone on the internet get your dander up.
ive learned that one the hard way, and its easier said than done for sure, just rememeber, you dont even know the person your are in a flaming war with(usually at least).
the renasance(i know i misspelled it) happened because of the advent of the printing press so info. could be spread to the commone man, not just monks and kings and such, now the internet is ushering in a new age of sorts because it allows users to exchange info. freelly and instantly. so there are goin be bumps along the road. but anyways, glad you didnt bail.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#101076 2 years, 3 months ago
I have learned my lesson Sibling rivalry is the worst. Ace of spades behind his ear I love the diversity here and try not to fall into the negative threads. It's funny the way some folks come through on the threads. I could share a beer with someone and have a totally different experience and viewpoint.
Some are mathematicians, some are carpenters wives, I don't know how all this all got started.......
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, rockinbob
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#101106 2 years, 3 months ago
Bakes wrote:
I have learned my lesson Sibling rivalry is the worst. Ace of spades behind his ear I love the diversity here and try not to fall into the negative threads. It's funny the way some folks come through on the threads. I could share a beer with someone and have a totally different experience and viewpoint.
Some are mathematicians, some are carpenters wives, I don't know how all this all got started.......

Bakes I hope you're sincere. You put a smile on my face and I'm sure lots of brothers and sisters here feel the same.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bakes
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds