• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
JAugustW
Junior Boarder

I've Come to my Senses...

#100315 2 years, 4 months ago
... it's better to be here than not. Even, I guess, with an occasional shit storm.
Anyway, the next time someone lights me up on this site, I'll try and go walk the dogs or something and cool off.
And thanks again to all who got in touch with me. It was much appreciated.
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

Re: I've Come to my Senses...

#100321 2 years, 4 months ago
Im very happy to have you back to this community. Diversity and experience makes this a better community. Welcome back. ALL are welcome here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, rockinbob, JAugustW
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#100322 2 years, 4 months ago
yeah thanks for coming back. i t is silly to assume eveyrbody will always get along and things will be perfect. that is human nature, to not be perfect. if there is anything i learned on tour it's that no matter where you go including dead shows the diversity amongst folks is very high. for me, that's beauty. i don't want to be surrounded by people who are just like me, i've got me. i need different people to get my mind moving. even if i don't get along with the person, whatever, they are part of my experience. celebrate the differences! everyone is DIFFERENT
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob, bluetrainsugaree, JAugustW
starlite16
Junior Boarder

#100331 2 years, 4 months ago
It can be grosely unfathonable--can it not. It can hit hard when we realize it is the ultimatein hiding people dew behind this grey glass. But they would have to get a dictionary for definitions of things like integrity, character etc. There is a guy on another place who is dnagerous and trash. Yet on the site, he is a star. I was bullied to the point of trauma--real trauma, even back in 2000 on the alleged 1st real place: dead.net, just for being different.
people I will never know got involved.
The top 3 are all dead now. No compassion here except for their familes. 2 from OD's. the 3rd recently.
Happened in 09 too, elsewhere and they get a following of people we never even mail too. People who would rather belong ANYWHERE then goodness.
I have not seen what you speak of to you, but I know, so here's a hug to squeeze you so so so tight. I read rarely here. Not that much substance TO read. Myself and others did write the site though and ask for a thread to be removed that was so disgusting, it misrepresented anything the music or real heart is. Guess who started it?
Just as bad is the type addicts who would never even offer to shake your hand!
Here is a ((hug so hard it squeezies you))
Best advice--rarely visit. Any of them. Info, scedules and real contacts are the only reason. Mindless babble we can get anywhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, JAugustW
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#100335 2 years, 4 months ago
Now its time to get you to the next show. If you come to norcal I will go with you and help you with the crowd. My sister in-law couldn't go to shows but now she can. It was because of the crowds and social anxiety. I helped her over come and it took a couple years but now she can go by herself if she wants. I also can give a anxiety pill if you need one. Thanks for coming back positive.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob, mcolleen, JAugustW
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#100339 2 years, 4 months ago
Very glad to have you here, JAugust!! You add a lot to the conversation around here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob, JAugustW
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#100343 2 years, 4 months ago
i totally understood your reasons for not touring,and the number of shows one attends does not a deadhead make,beside you were into the grateful dead this is furthur.so how could you bail on something you never went to in the first place .i didnt want to get drawn into theflameing so i kept quiet on the forum but i spoke up ,trust me on that i myself love the solotude the outdoors provides i bet your farm is a real nice place.if you ever feel likeit id love to see pics .glad you came back hope ya stay and share some more stories.
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, JAugustW
Chester
More or less in line

#100347 2 years, 4 months ago
Your always welcome.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JAugustW
JAugustW
Junior Boarder

#100353 2 years, 4 months ago
One of the reasons I've never seen a show of any kind since the Dead at Soldier Field in, I want to say, '93 (?), is because seeing one usually seems to require a plan. And I'm just not much for planning anything anymore. It strikes me as a pain in my ass. Now, if I still lived, for example, in the SF Bay Area, it would different. Easier. But then, too, I really have developed an aversion to crowds. I get bummed if the grocery store is busy.
But I'm really OK with all that. I have a fantastic imagination, and when I pop in a show CD, I'm there.
As for this farm place that's home now, I probably shouldn't call it that, because we don't actually farm it at all. But that's what folks around here call it, so I do, too. Anyway, the best thing about it is this wide-ass river right outside the backdoor. And that's because I really get the "... listen to the river sing sweet songs..." lyric. God, do I love that song! And this river. Both it and the song help keep me sane. Sane enough to eventually realize I'd be a dumb-ass to not participate in this forum just because it had a bad day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, GratefulDad420
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#100355 2 years, 4 months ago
I hope you're not expecting to keep that sanity if you hang around here long enough, though!
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds