• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
dept.
Junior Boarder
Church of the Imagination Divine

Re: NYE-LSD or Mushrooms?

#100404 2 years, 8 months ago
NYELSD
would never consider anything else on that night.

IMG_7464.jpg
iLove,
---Dept.
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#100422 2 years, 8 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
GratefulDad420 wrote:
With L I eat 5-10 hits for a decent trip, or even 15-20 if I am looking for a breakthrough "spiritual" type of trip.
Is this really low quality LSD or something?
Not at all, on the contrary, it tends to be the best around. I have a lot of experience, and I started in my teens. I haven't went more than 3, maybe 4, months without eating acid in probably 17 years, so tolerance may be a factor. I am in the select crowd of people who has eaten raw crystal on a few occasions, so I am definitely abnormal when compared to the average tripper. Generally 2 or 3 hits sends most people as far as they ever want to go, but I am a bit of a psychedelic nut. Unfortunately, I am this way with nearly all psychedelics. However, since I quit puffing every day, all day, it only takes me a few puffs of the kind to get me really stoned!
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#102931 2 years, 8 months ago
Darkstarrz wrote:
I have to ask myself this question. Which would Jerry Pick??? Ok ,,now the answer came kinda quick. BOTH*****

I believe the last time I ever heard Jerry weigh in on this subject was the Rolling Stone interview in the late 80's where he said he preferred mushrooms because they were less "jangly"
will work for doses
Senior Boarder

#102933 2 years, 8 months ago
DangerousDan wrote:
right lol, just imagine having a water fountain flowing electric water hhaha

When Hunter S. Thompson ran for sherrif of Pitkin county Colorado supposedly part of his platform was he'd put LSD in the water supply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DangerousDan
violetgoo
Junior Boarder
a full-blown deadhead

#102949 2 years, 8 months ago
if u want to fall asleep a few hours after taking it then mushrooms- after a few hours in your system they convert into a sedative. if u want a good solid up til all hours trip then go w the L. there will be plenty of good high quality there- trust me we got this covered. oh and to keep from getting ripped off- ask random people what they took tonite thats doing the trick for them and then go looking for the same thing. or fast for 8 hours b4 buying and ingesting it (fast means dont eat any solid food just liquids) then follow the person u bought from around for the 45 min after u buy and ingest it- if u r feeling nothing after 45 ask for ur money back.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder

#102982 2 years, 8 months ago
GratefulDad420 wrote:
ZenoMarx wrote:
GratefulDad420 wrote:
With L I eat 5-10 hits for a decent trip, or even 15-20 if I am looking for a breakthrough "spiritual" type of trip.
Is this really low quality LSD or something?
Not at all, on the contrary, it tends to be the best around. I have a lot of experience, and I started in my teens. I haven't went more than 3, maybe 4, months without eating acid in probably 17 years, so tolerance may be a factor. I am in the select crowd of people who has eaten raw crystal on a few occasions, so I am definitely abnormal when compared to the average tripper. Generally 2 or 3 hits sends most people as far as they ever want to go, but I am a bit of a psychedelic nut. Unfortunately, I am this way with nearly all psychedelics. However, since I quit puffing every day, all day, it only takes me a few puffs of the kind to get me really stoned!

I remember in the early 80's getting these 4 way hits that had a black star on them from a friend in Texas. He'd always talk about eating the whole star, which always seemed a bit over the top because one quarter of the star was sufficient. Then my friend came to visit and insisted we each take a whole star. Suffice it to say I was orbiting Pluto for several hours. I've never taken that much since, and personally if it's any good one hit will suffice. Also, I find L pretty hard to come by anymore, and it's not cheap so 5-10 hits is significant.
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#103031 2 years, 8 months ago
violetgoo wrote:
if u want to fall asleep a few hours after taking it then mushrooms- after a few hours in your system they convert into a sedative. if u want a good solid up til all hours trip then go w the L. there will be plenty of good high quality there- trust me we got this covered. oh and to keep from getting ripped off- ask random people what they took tonite thats doing the trick for them and then go looking for the same thing. or fast for 8 hours b4 buying and ingesting it (fast means dont eat any solid food just liquids) then follow the person u bought from around for the 45 min after u buy and ingest it- if u r feeling nothing after 45 ask for ur money back.
The actives in mushrooms don't actually metabolize into a sedative, although it may be a bit easier to fall asleep after a mushroom trip, than with LSD. If one stays up until the mushroom trip kicks in, they should stay awake a good 6 hours.

Most of what you recommended is reasonable, however, for the actual information on what happens when mushrooms are taken, here is an excerpt from a scientific study (for a more accurate description):

After administration, psilocybin is
rapidly dephosphorylated to its active metabolite, psilocin (Hasler
et al., 1997 and references therein) (Fig. 1), which acts as an
agonist of serotonin presynaptic 5-hydroxytryptamine2Areceptors
(Gonzalez-Maeso et al., 2007).

Early metabolic studies suggested that psilocin only undergoes
oxidative metabolism via a presumed intermediate metabolite, 4-hy-
droxyindole-3-acetaldehyde, to yield 4-hydroxyindole-3-acetic acid
and 4-hydroxytryptophole (Holzmann, 1995; Hasler et al., 1997).
However, later pharmacokinetic and forensic studies provided evi-
dence that psilocin is mostly eliminated by conjugative metabolism as
psilocin glucuronide (Sticht and Ka ¨ferstein, 2000; Grieshaber et al.,
2001). It was found that addition of β-glucuronidase to the detection
assays for psilocin in body fluids yielded additional psilocin, presum-
ably released from psilocin glucuronide (Hasler et al., 2002; Kamata
et al., 2003). Moreover, direct analysis by liquid chromatography-
mass spectrometry (LC-MS) of serum samples 5 h after mushroom
intoxication showed that up to 80% of the psilocin was present as the
glucuronide conjugate (Kamata et al., 2006).
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by GratefulDad420. Reason: fixing font
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#103033 2 years, 8 months ago
I prefer shrooms, but only eat a gram at most at a show. I like a nice fun controllable trip when I'm out in public. It's kind of weird reading every bodies stories, and the different effect shrooms have on them. I always get a real up happy love the world social buzz off of them. I am on a strictly organic thing right now as well.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#103038 2 years, 8 months ago
I like LSD more I can't dance on mushrooms.
Oh I can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They'll be laughing, singing, music swinging and dancing in the street
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#103043 2 years, 8 months ago
violetgoo wrote:

Speak for yourself, sometimes I'm a little tired right when the mushroom trip is coming on but only for a short while and then its like a speed and im up all night
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds