• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

Re: NYE-LSD or Mushrooms?

#100285 2 years, 8 months ago
Really think about it, if you have ever read some of my posts, you know I'm going to suggest the natural route all the way but to each his own or like D Dan says a little bit of both! ( ouch! ) Give it a lot of thought and may the 4 winds blow you safely home after going Futhur NYE and I hope to meet you in person as well my friend, peace.
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#100288 2 years, 8 months ago
I prefer L in more social situations. With mushrooms, in a proper dose, I like to be alone, even lay down sometimes for the come up. Mushrooms in a proper dose can definitely be a bit more uncomfortable on the ride up. They kind of sit you down and tell you like it is, where as the L gives a nice, more social buzz, and lets you wander around in that head space until you figure it out on your own. For me L is just easier to handle, especially in public, even in larger doses, which tends to be the way I do it..
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell, DancingTurtle
PsychicPyramid
Junior Boarder
HEAVY VIBES

#100296 2 years, 8 months ago
I personally feel acid to be much more 'up' and mushrooms to be much more lethargic..

I'd suggest taking a mellow dose of acid a couple hours before the show, then beaming translucently into the new year
Union Pacific, out of Cheyenne, from sea to shining sea
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#100304 2 years, 8 months ago
well you know what I would choose, but I've also never tried L and have no interest in ever trying it either. Mushroom trips could varry so much not only from person to person but every time you do them, I've had some a little uncomfotable on the way up but not often and only with more then the average dose, but that's just me. The more you think about past trips being uncomfortable when you do them, more of the same feelings are likely to come about. I usually get a little tired when they're first coming on for say 30 minutes or so and then after that I'm wired and up all night when they really hit me. I like to take them 1 - 1 1/2 hours before show time to let that tiredness pass, but I only seem to get tired if I'm sitting down waiting. They affect everyone different like I said and you know better then anyone how they work for you most of the time and how comfortable you are on them in crowds. It usually adds to the experience if your tripping with someone but I do them alone all the time (not always by choice, my bro don't do them). Theres people that would never shroom alone and plenty of people that prefer to shroom alone, they could be so different for everyone that using other peoples experiences on them to make a decision on you doing them isn't nessisarily going to work out.....

If your worried about buying something fake then maybe mush is a better bet but they're a bit more expensive to right? ..... isn't a hit of L like 5 bux compared to like 30+ for a good dose of shrooms? ..... I don't know how it would work with L doing a little at a time, or if you even could (i imagine it being a tiny piece of paper) .... if you do shrooms you can always eat some and wait to eat more after seeing how the first bit effects you. Just remember if your going to eat more mushrooms it has to be before you peak, if you try to eat more when your coming down there not going to work. Personally I do 2-3 grams at shows now, usually more like 2 ...... it's just enough to get a nice buzz and not effect my concentrating on the music - the more I do at shows, the more my mind wanders.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#100307 2 years, 8 months ago
I can't do less than an 1/8 of cubensis, or I get stuck in the anxious feeling of the come up and never get to the "feel like I understand it all" part of the trip. I'll do more like a 1/4 ounce if I am looking for a "spiritual" breakthrough type trip. I am a hard head, though. Many people can get a nice trip on a gram or two.

With L I eat 5-10 hits for a decent trip, or even 15-20 if I am looking for a breakthrough "spiritual" type of trip. The mushrooms, are nice and clean with the come down, usually lasting about 6 hours, then I can fall asleep, but with the L it tends to keep me up longer than the trip, even after it's worn off. L lasts about 8 hours (unless it's a very large dose) with some lingering effects into 10-12 hours, before I am able to fall asleep. It tends to make me a bit tired the next day, if I take it later and it keeps me up too late.

As for price, generally you can find an 1/8 of shrooms for about 15-30 bucks, and L between around $4-8 bucks per hit. So depending on how hard you like to trip on either, the cost is probably fairly close, unless a single dose of L is enough for you.

For L and shrooms, both, it's better to do any redosing before the peak or during, because after, it usually just prolongs the trip, rather than boosting it at all.

Chances are, if you are worried about getting bunked or getting something fake, mushrooms are a bit harder to get swindled, although, I have seen people sell shitake mushrooms as cubensis, although it is less common. L could just be blank paper, or even worse, it could be some research chemical someone is passing off as L, which could be worse than just getting something fake. Some of those chemicals will give an okay trip ( or so I hear), but sometimes it's not as pleasant, lasts longer, has some weird side effects you wouldn't expect, or even worse, if taking multiple doses, it could be dangerous if one takes too big a dose.

Generally, though, with our crowd, there tends to be some decent folks trying to make people happy, rather then just some shady punks out to rip you off, just to make a buck. Definitely, if you don't already know someone, choose the person you buy off of carefully, and be sure they give off the right vibe, because, unfortunately, it's not like it was in the old days when you would expect people to be honest. A lot of the younger generation don't have the ethics that you used to find at a GD show. Keep your eyes open, though, as the New Years shows often have very kind folks willing to just dose people. Lord knows I have been dosed for free at numerous shows, and have returned the favor on several occasions. Nothing like having someone come up to you during or after the show and tell you what a wonderful time they had, and giving you a big thank you for helping give them a wonderful night!

BTW, @MushroomMan, why wouldn't or haven't you ever even tried L? Almost everyone I know tends to prefer L over mushrooms, especially for shows, save for a select few friends. The GD scene tends to have some of the best there is in the world, and it'd be a shame to enjoy the whole GD/Furthur experience without ever trying what has been a huge part of it ever since the sixties! It all really took off with the start of the Acid Tests, and I am sure you'd pass with flying colors!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#100313 2 years, 8 months ago
^^^ I just always told myself I'm going to keep it natural and stuck with it. There may be some of the best L in the world somewhere in the lot but you could never tell what your actually taking and I don't like that. If I knew someone that made the stuff and I looked into and knew exacly how it was made ect. I might consider trying it once but that will more then likely never happen, and I probably wouldn't even. Gods gifts are plenty good enough for me, I don't need a chemically enhanced high - but I think its great for anyone into it that has a good time with it......

I used to do 7g plus at shows until I had 2 bad experiences, first taking 13 grams at Jones Beach this summer and I didn't think it was the shrooms so I took another 9 grams at SPAC which was basically all pins and probably more potent then the 13 even was. I wasn't freaking out or anything, I just had to sit down for a portion of the shows and I couldn't, for the life of me, concentrate on the music at all. If I was at home it would of been a wicked cool trip but I wanted to enjoy the music and my mind was just going nuts and I couldn't get into it at all - and then to make it worse I was sitting there pissed at myself for eating to many and getting that way........ it's cool tripping balls with the lights and whatnot but I'm there for the music and the more I trip, the less I'm able to concentrate and get into everything.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#100316 2 years, 8 months ago
Does anybody else do this?. When im tripping at show I start counting songs. How many they played so ill know how many is left in set. This is a distraction to me. Maybe ill stop taking psychedelics at shows. No ill just keep counting.
GOOD LOVE
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#100318 2 years, 8 months ago
I always count in the first set weather tripping or not but the 2nd set I never keep track, mainly cause I think it will seem to last longer if I don't, or something like that
The following user(s) said Thank You: brokenarrow
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#100326 2 years, 8 months ago
one day that will turn into a small notebook of sloppy handwriting that actually contains all the setlists from the shows you were in. sometimes after 4 songs there is just a long squiggly line all the way to the bottom of the page. "is that what my brain is doing?" HAHAHAH

mushroom man i am appalled you've never taken the dose.

i don't like to trip out much myself at shows anymore it totally distracts me and takes away from my musical experience. i love to spin myself into the depths of the forest though. i've been contemplating dosing for NYE for a while now and i always come to the conclusion i should not because it's my first NYE and if i miss it while i'm standing right there, i will never let myself hear the end of it. but psychic pyramid is in the same boat i am if that's what he/she does. i prefer to take i t several hours before showtime, sometime in the afternoon. i respond best to music on the backend of an acid trip.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#100372 2 years, 8 months ago
GratefulDad420 wrote:
With L I eat 5-10 hits for a decent trip, or even 15-20 if I am looking for a breakthrough "spiritual" type of trip.
Is this really low quality LSD or something?
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds