• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

How much you think....

#100051 2 years, 8 months ago
Bob and phil get paid for each show at the beacon. I have no clue really. I was thinking maybe ten grand each. I might be way off. Just curious. They deserve every penny.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
BigBabyViper
Junior Boarder

Re: How much you think....

#100063 2 years, 8 months ago
i think 10 is really low i can almost guarantee as a band they get every bit of 200 or 300 thousand so i imagine they would clear around 100 each if that were the case and the last 100 distributed to the rest of the band members. i know like 4 years ago i knew a guy who was trying to bring phil and friends to a small festival and it was gonna be 50g for one show
It never got weird enough for me -Hunter S.
Chester
More or less in line

#100079 2 years, 8 months ago
Honestly I think you'd be surprised. Of course they make some, but I believe the bulk of their money comes from sales
of previous works. And their cut of Furthur CD's and downloads, merchandise etc. I think the performance is only a part
of their income, but they do it because it promotes the catalogue, and of course because they love it.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
volare
Senior Boarder

#100080 2 years, 8 months ago
they certainly don't get anywhere close to 200-300K per show as the gross per night ($75x2900 tix) is only 217,000. I would also guess that personally they are getting low 5 figures per night to play.
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
Chester
More or less in line

#100087 2 years, 8 months ago
volare wrote:
they certainly don't get anywhere close to 200-300K per show as the gross per night ($75x2900 tix) is only 217,000. I would also guess that personally they are getting low 5 figures per night to play.

Yeah. I agree. Remember, the gross has to cover everything. The venue gets a chunk. And that's not a small chunk either.
The city gets some. Insurance and permits have to be covered. The crew, and management all get a cut, and of course,
the rest of the band gets theirs. Expenses have to be paid.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
BigBabyViper
Junior Boarder

#100177 2 years, 8 months ago
yeah thats prob true with the math a few posts up i would imagine maybe 100g sounds closer
It never got weird enough for me -Hunter S.
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#100186 2 years, 8 months ago
a Bolt of Calico, 1 42 oz Can of ShowBoat Beans, a Side of Bacon, 26 oz Whiskey or Navy Rum, and a Plug of Chewin' Tabacky

I reckon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adk46r4545
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#100188 2 years, 8 months ago
Average ticket not including fees is around $75 a night (not exactly sure on that) so ticket sells alone are around $1,680,000 for 8 nights plus merch . That's alot of moola.
GOOD LOVE
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#100195 2 years, 8 months ago
Don't forget that they have to pay taxes on all the earnings from merch, soundboards etc. No one wants to end up in a Willie Neslon type situation. I'd guess that Bobby and Phil take home about 5-10 k per show after taxes and expenses.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#100223 2 years, 8 months ago
FREE TYE DYE AND ALL THE BOTTLED WATER THEY CAN DRINK!!!!!

My guess is 17,000 to 20,000 and if not they deserve a raise!!!!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by stricken.
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds