starlite
Junior Boarder

Re: Meet Up Pre-Pittsburgh

#4427 3 years, 4 months ago
OMG--is that LOONEY!!
We hav enot met but i am older than dirt too. I mean, well/
( -:
Holiday INN 1st and then Lot?
DHforObama--i have alwasy lovde your screen name. FYI.
So-we HAVE to see pappy huh? KIDDING.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#4501 3 years, 4 months ago
this is a great thread i think there should be one for each show...its nice to meet up with the same cats in the lot beforehand but i'd also like to meet those that aren't also on tour...frankly i feel like a minority on tour attending all the shows (lots of kids bumming around the lot)...maybe getting some other perspectives and whatever...im always trying to get the zoners to meet up but with the majority of folks on there if you dont share their worldview, good luck.....

not sure where i am staying for this show yet but would love to meet up with folks!! someone who is local or semi-local should set up a definite location
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#4536 3 years, 4 months ago
Well we got 1 week to pick for a preshow get together, somebody pick a spot with goodfood and Brother Dust will be there around 5:00.
deadforlife
Junior Boarder

#4537 3 years, 4 months ago
dizzyizzy wrote:
After party is at club Deisel in the strip district (east carson street) Sweet Earth, jam band with young talented guys, will be hosting it

just an fyi---Club Diesel is in Southside (not the Strip District---2 very different places) and is about 2 miles from the show. I believe it's between 15th and 16th on East Carson street....15203 is the zip. It's a big club-type place. Usually has pop/dance type gigs there. Not a very hippy-friendly type of venue. Lots of local "yinzers"....The TBird (where theCAUSE is playing after the show) is in Lawrenceville which is more a bar with a good space for a stage and balcony. FWIW---The TBird is a MUCH cooler place IMHO.

As for pre-show, I believe Fuel and Fuddle in Oakland (less than a mile from the pete) is a pretty good choice for a pre-show beverage and good food. Another decent place is the Pittsburgh cafe which is even closer to the venue. Both places have a very nice beer selection.
living the dream
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#4540 3 years, 4 months ago
Fuel and Fuddle is a great spot, I havent been there a couple of years. The only this is the climb up to the show.
starlite
Junior Boarder

#4629 3 years, 4 months ago
Hi W. Lewis. I may be able to give you a lift to a motel-6, 8 miles away afterwards.after partys over. iIam staying there. It is right on I-79 as well.
I can give a perspective from someone who never followed but saw massive shows with that band, the Grateful Dead!
this will be my 1st Futhur sadly and wishing I could dew another but.....??????
Is everyone just not even considering the Holiday Inn for meet and food? 2 blocks where people always meet for many kinds of of shows and the food is good. It is normal but good. Great burgs, nachos, ques's, sandwhiches. salads etc. I neve hog much before a show. Can't dance AND bloat!
Then up to The Lot. I wish we could share mails or something? Are you on any other places where there is privacy?
female person.
starlite
Junior Boarder

#4630 3 years, 4 months ago
deadforlife has a good idea too if it is that close. spread that around.
thanks DFLife.
starlite
Junior Boarder

#4631 3 years, 4 months ago
Brother Dust wrote:
Fuel and Fuddle is a great spot, I havent been there a couple of years. The only this is the climb up to the show.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#4649 3 years, 4 months ago
starlite--i am wlewis over on philzone or you can email me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Katiemae
Fresh Boarder

#4694 3 years, 4 months ago
We are gonna start at the Holiday Inn Bar at 5 if anyone wants to join us!Then we are heading to the lot or Fuel and Fuddle depending on whats going on with the weather and then taking a taxi to the Thunderbird for the after party!!!
DeadHeadTrishy
Fresh Boarder

#4699 3 years, 4 months ago
Coming from Cincinnati too!! <3 So very excited
♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.”˜˜”*°•✫
║║╔═╦╦╦═╗♪♫•¸•´¯`•.♥..°*˜”*°•✫
║╚╣║║║║╩╣ ♥♫•´¯`•.♥.♫♥♫.•°*”˜”*°•✫
╚═╩═╩═╩Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ … Is Real!! Not Fade Away!! {{{♥}}} (~);}
starlite
Junior Boarder

#4731 3 years, 4 months ago
KATIE--I decided THAT last night--Holiday Inn.
This is in the heart of a huge and busy campus. It will be dinnerish time. Not messing around with a pub as the Holiday is used to music crowds for even the symphony.
I also need little work and stress from compromised health.
Park there and move, or there and walk or park in lot and go down the hill to the Holiday.
They will give us a table for as many as needed in the bar if upon requested. I have done it often for other things. So will see the Cincey Folks at the holiday. and others. I will reserve at a table today for 10?
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds