will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

Re: Beacon Roll Call

#103017 2 years, 10 months ago
violetgoo wrote:
its a very very nice plush old tymie theater and i dont think ive ever felt like i had a bad seat in the place. they used to have a restaurant w a few sidewalk cafe tables about a block away where u could order marshmallows for roasting and they would bring them to the table w a teeny weeny hibachi grill about the size of one charcoal brickette which was lit and buring hot. then u would take a marshmallow put in on the little wooden skewer they brought w the whole set up and toast marshmallows over the table top hibachi w ur pals right there on the upper west side at a table on broadway and 75th or whichever corner it was on! superb!!! i always liked the staff at the beacon too- they are soooooo nice- i just saw steely dan there in oct or nov or sometime in the very recent past and they let me in w my janspot backpack which was stuffed w my sleeping bag and everything. i even had a zip lock baggie (not kidding here this really happend) w about 3 T. of baking soda in it (for hygiene purposes) and the door guy unzips the pack, looks in there at the baggie w white powder in it and about a zillion other odds and ends (vitimin and aspirin bottles, altoids tin, plenty of other suspicious looking gear) and zips it back up and hands it to me like nothing at all was going on and lets me in. i also like that they let u out the back lobby door into a velvet roped off area on the sidewalk on amsterdam ave.
g.d.truck.jpg

which is for smoking and ive smoked herb in that little velvet rope pen every time and they never say shit about it! the photo is of me outback the beacon w equipment truck parked on amsterdam ave. i love that place...

Ok, now this is off the subject, but seeing your picture of the truck and the "in memory of Ramrod" got me recalling something. I was in a liquor store in Santa Monica, and there on the wall is a gold album for Workingman's Dead, and in the frame is a little placard that says 'presented to Ramrod'. How it got there I don't know, and I wonder if Ramrod knew about this
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#133811 2 years, 7 months ago
Eye fuckin can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
theothrone
Senior Boarder
-

#133925 2 years, 7 months ago
@wlewis nice tickets brotha, you'll have quite a run. my best seats a row d for the tuesday and a row A in the loge for saturday, but will be their for all the shows except the last one since it's so close to wanee. still looking for a single ticket for thursday though if anyone has a single for sale.
it's an obsession but it's pleasing
NOD-WILSON
Junior Boarder

#133929 2 years, 7 months ago
ill be there the 9th threw the 15th i only have three of those nights so far hoping to pick up a 9th 13th and 14th ticket if anyone can help a brother out i would be happy with any extras -see at the big show-
this will also be my first time at the beacon and the venue looks awesome!
sometimes miracles work in mysterious ways but none are forgotton and none are left unpaid
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#133948 2 years, 7 months ago
12th-13th -14th, springtime in NYC, Central Park, strawberry fields, should be lovely
-- smell every flower --
shakedownst
Junior Boarder

#133953 2 years, 7 months ago
Monday - Saturday for me...
GDTS did their best with what they had (to the user who steers clear...). I have AA center and CC Phil side from them on Monday/Tuesday, and am very grateful. I doubled down and let them know of the rest to share the love! Boston not long away now!
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#133958 2 years, 7 months ago
See ya'll at The Beacon all 8 nights
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
Mr. Goat
Junior Boarder

#133984 2 years, 7 months ago
4/9, 4/10, 4/12, & 4/13. We're pretty close Monday & Tuesday, Upper Balcony Thursday, & Loge Friday.
God writes testament in stars
Believe no word you read
Until you see what action
Has been mothered by the deed
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#133988 2 years, 7 months ago
4/9-4/15. Still need one for 4/13 & 4/14.

Have tix for 4/17 but am hoping to be able to leave NYC for Wanee on Monday.
Takin' it in stride!
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#134000 2 years, 7 months ago
4/15 only. Hope it's a good one.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#134624 2 years, 7 months ago
4/9 row cc phil side, 4/10 loge. Im so excited , ill be in nyc from the 7th thru the 11th. Staying a block away. So you there
GOOD LOVE
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#134638 2 years, 7 months ago
I'm all over the place for the 4 nights I get to go (wish I had more on the floor!)

Th 4/12 loge on the way far left
Fr 4/13 loge in the center
Sat 4/14 center upper balcony
Sun 4/15 orch by the soundboard,

It finally feels like it is getting close!
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by amusingdeva.
Baptist
Fresh Boarder

#134718 2 years, 7 months ago
I will be there on the 15th! A stroke of luck put me in New Jersey for work on the 16th and 17th. Coming in early to hopefully see the show. I still need a ticket if anyone has an extra.

Thanks!
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#134754 2 years, 7 months ago
if anyone needs a room, try the RedRoof Inn Secaucus NJ, 10 minutes from the lincoln tunnel, under $100 per night, well worth a short drive to save some $$$
-- smell every flower --
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#134988 2 years, 7 months ago
in for the last two nights for sure. Possibly one other; if not an after party or a quiet meetup with friends from this site is definitely in order.

Is there a meetup spot or a place to fly the flag.

Someone could wear it as a cape and be the pied piper
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#135139 2 years, 7 months ago
I am going to the last 2 nights, too. Would love to meet up with folks along the way. I have never seen a show here so only know what I have discovered on internet. Looks to be several bars in the vicinity, as well as other spots to kick it.
Right now, I can't read too well...
newjuls
Fresh Boarder
tour vet

#139036 2 years, 7 months ago
I am so excited to head to NYC for the thu-sunday shows! April 12,13,14rth
Coming from norcal- have seen so many shows- but none at the Beacon. Is it as small as the Warfield?
Also- are the tickets GA on the floor? But assigned in the balconies?
jmccooe23
Fresh Boarder

#139046 2 years, 7 months ago
any1 have extra tickets?? i have 2 tickets to the shows on 4/12, 4/15, 4/18
Country Fresh
Junior Boarder

#139069 2 years, 7 months ago
newjuls-no GA at the Beacon.There are no bad seats,however you have to be creative if you want to find dancing room.Me and Mrs Fresh have our spots staked out from ABB shows.We'll see yiz there on the 9th,10th and 15th and then Wanee baby.
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#139201 2 years, 7 months ago
Tmglf2 wrote:
4/15 only. Hope it's a good one.

Me too, 4/15.
These are the good old days!!
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds