scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Post MSG party

#79580 2 years, 11 months ago
reconingpostmsg.jpg

In Greenwich Village. I've seen Reconning a couple of times (they play in Long Island a bit). They are very good, perhaps a notch under DSO IMO. I have only seen them in small venues though. I think Kenny's Castaways is a larger venue.

What else are you guys and Gals doing before or after MSG (besides truckin up to Syracuse....(me too))

circlingeyes_e0.gif
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: Post MSG party

#81940 2 years, 11 months ago
Here's another after party, a little closer to MSG

Don't miss two awesome after-shows following Furthur's Madison Square Garden performance this Thursday November 10.

To continue the ultimate Grateful Dead tribute night, catch Reflections at the B.B. King Blues Club and Grill in Times Square. The show starts at 11:30 p.m. and tickets are only $10.00. To purchase, visit Ticketmaster.

For just an all out jam band tribute show, check out Reckoning, playing the tunes of The Dead, Phish and more at Greenwich Village's Kenny's Castaways. Tickets for this show are also only $10.00 and tickets are available via Ticket Web.

www.headstash.com/news-nugs/grateful-dea...ur-nyc-after-parties

Anyone up for meeting before the show? 8th avenue between 30th and 31st street is the main post office which is a good meeting place. One of the large buses that often tours and hands out religious fliers usually parks there for MSG shows.

scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#81960 2 years, 11 months ago

some semi recent clips. I've seen Reckoning live, they put on a good live show. I cannot comment on reflections, but that show is closer to MSG.

Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#82388 2 years, 11 months ago
I saw both of those shows listed and you're right, BB King's place is closer to MSG, but it's right off of times square so the crowd can be touristy which makes for surly staff.

Might swing by BB's after the show as it's close to MSG and on the way to our hotel.

Before the show I thought if we wanted to do a forum meet up we could meet at either

Mustang Harry's - www.mustangharrys.com
352 7th Avenue

or at

Tracks - www.tracksbargrill.com
1 Penn Plz

I don't know anything about the area and found those searching the net.
Up for any ideas for a meet up of fellow forum friends.

Feedback? Thoughts? Ideas?
Takin' it in stride!
6StringRider
Junior Boarder

#82552 2 years, 11 months ago
Hey i'd be down for meeting up pre-show. I know Strider mentioned it too. I stopped by Mustang Sally's last year before one of the MSG shows, i didn't meet up with any other posters though. What time do you guys have in mind?

scar1et_f1re wrote:

Anyone up for meeting before the show? 8th avenue between 30th and 31st street is the main post office which is a good meeting place. One of the large buses that often tours and hands out religious fliers usually parks there for MSG shows.
Watch this: youtu.be/eAaQNACwaLw
6StringRider
Junior Boarder

#82553 2 years, 11 months ago
I meant Mustang Harry's lol.

6StringRider wrote:
Hey i'd be down for meeting up pre-show. I know Strider mentioned it too. I stopped by Mustang Sally's last year before one of the MSG shows, i didn't meet up with any other posters though. What time do you guys have in mind?

scar1et_f1re wrote:

Watch this: youtu.be/eAaQNACwaLw
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#82637 2 years, 11 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
I saw both of those shows listed and you're right, BB King's place is closer to MSG, but it's right off of times square so the crowd can be touristy which makes for surly staff.

Might swing by BB's after the show as it's close to MSG and on the way to our hotel.

Before the show I thought if we wanted to do a forum meet up we could meet at either

Mustang Harry's - www.mustangharrys.com
352 7th Avenue

or at

Tracks - www.tracksbargrill.com
1 Penn Plz

I don't know anything about the area and found those searching the net.
Up for any ideas for a meet up of fellow forum friends.

Feedback? Thoughts? Ideas?

Stay away from Tracks. It's right in Penn Station in a busy corner! Wall to wall people. Mustang Harry's is a decent spot. Good cause it's ~ 3 blocks away from MSG. It used to be a bit of an after work / yuppy bar. Blarney Stones are also usually pretty good. More any anything goes / drinkers type of bar.

I'm still figuring out plans but I'd love to hear any meeting times, place.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
Strider1
Platinum Boarder

#82715 2 years, 11 months ago
I'm going to try to make it to the Blarney Stone @ 410 8th Avenue by 6:00pm, have a quick drink, meet any others that can make it, then at 6:30pm I'll head over to the Post Office @ 421 8th Avenue. I'll be at the the first column on the left as you face the building. It's under the word "Neither" that is inscribed along the top of the building. Hope to run into some of you there.

Let me know if you think you can make either of these and I'll keep a lookout for ya!
Takin' it in stride!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#83026 2 years, 11 months ago
deli across from the garden on 33 rd sells bottles and cans on ice CHEAP you can drink upstairs no hassles has a bathroom nithing fancy but its cheap,otherwise id say blarney stone if i ws going ,but i aint enjoy the show,blow the roof off the garden
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Strider1
Platinum Boarder

#83034 2 years, 11 months ago
Still sitting at the airport in KC.
Flight delay due to fog in NYC... fog? hmmm...looks like maybe the party's already started.

Was supposed to take off at 10:30, now scheduled to depart at 12:30pm

Probably won't be able to make the bar (Blarney Stone) but still planning on making the post office meet up.

Safe travels everyone and see you at the garden!
Takin' it in stride!
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds