• You are here
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

Chicago (Rosemont) Thread

#57104 2 years, 11 months ago
I live and work within walking distance of the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL. If anyone has any questions about the area (Hotels, where to eat etc) let me know. Safe travels and see you in November.
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

Re: Chicago (Rosemont) Thread

#57346 2 years, 11 months ago
I stayed at the one hotel just under the bridge by the venue. What a nice place, but it was around $100 a night.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#57579 2 years, 11 months ago
I assume you are talking about the Hoilday Inn Express. Was there a restaurant/bar in the place called "shoeless Joe's"?
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#57582 2 years, 11 months ago
That's the place. Don't remember Shoeless Joe's.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#57744 2 years, 11 months ago
I just drover past there last night. Shoeless Joe's is in the Best Western which is right next to the Holiday Inn.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#57782 2 years, 11 months ago
I'm bringing a blanket and staying in my truck, if its not to cold.
JOE DANGLE
Junior Boarder

#60156 2 years, 11 months ago
The best I could find regarding a hotel closeby to the venue and a great price was:
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
1000 Busse Road, Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007
Phone: (847) 437-6010 Fax: (847) 806-9369 MENTION LIJHL WHEN BOOKING
Toll Free: (888) HOLIDAY – Reservations

located at the intersection of Busse & Landmeier Roads, 6 miles from O’Hare International Airport and 15 miles from downtown Chicago.

• 160 rooms, equipped with mini refrigerators and microwave ovens
• Complimentary high-speed Internet access and complimentary local phone calls
• Complimentary indoor swimming pool, whirlpool and sauna
• Atrium accommodates cooked-to-order breakfast restaurant.
• Shelby Campbell’s Restaurant for lunch, dinner and room service
• Complimentary parking
• Complimentary shuttle to/from the ORD airport, to/from Holiday Inn & Suites O’Hare and within the 5mile radius.

The cost I could neg. was $86 for two (inclusive hot breakfast), or $99 for four people. You can only get this rate by mentioning your are booking with the LIJHL (all Heads) and only for one month. Then the rate will go back up to whatever they charge.
lysergic
Junior Boarder

#60188 2 years, 11 months ago
o'hare airport is a stones throw from the arena. there are hotels everywhere within walking distance. well within a mile or so at the most. book through a travel site for the best rates imo
JOE DANGLE
Junior Boarder

#60238 2 years, 11 months ago
Yea, sometimes you can luck out booking through an online travel site, but organizations like mine work to ensure that for the most part the rate they give us will benefit us (meaning those staying on behalf of the co.) and will be cheaper than enything you'll find online. I am just kindly offering my organization's rate out to you if you would like to take advantage of it. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule, but for instance, this hotel-they negotiated a very low rate AND included breakfast which is typically extra. I don't know about you, but when I'm staying at a hotel, especially for a show, I look a a few things:

1. cost
2. convenience to venue
3. comfort (is it clean or a dump), does it have a refrigerator and microwave so I can cook some down home food when we get
the munchies
4. parking-is it free or do I have to pay $10 a day to park in a hotel lot
5. food-is breakfast included, cuz my family can easily eat $50 in food for breakfast plus coffee, juices
6. do they have a nightly reception-cuz I do enjoy a free drink (or 2 or 3!) amongst friends before heading over to a show.

Many of these things cannot be negotiated booking online. Plus, remember, often time the price increases with every additional adult. You might find a price of $69.99 online but when you and three buddies get there you might find out that said hotel charges each of your buddies $10 so what started out as $69.99 (before taxes) becomes $100 before taxes. Food for thought.
mbckic
Fresh Boarder

#60417 2 years, 11 months ago
we are staying at the Best Western at ohare they said it was within easy walking distance,does anyone know if this is true??Also doing the St Louis show I am from St Louis so if anyone has questions about the area I should be able to help you out.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds