Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

Re: St Louis Thread

#57146 2 years, 11 months ago
It should be fun.

My only worry is that too many people will show up and I get a complaint.

I doubt that will happen, but that's my main concern.

Thinking back to the Grateful Dead days I guess.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#57167 2 years, 11 months ago
Yeah, I doubt that would happen also but I can understand your concern. How far from the Fab Fox are you?
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#57281 2 years, 11 months ago
bob's going to lay out a black throated wind for sure down there...i really enjoyed the show last year there despite it being in that college arena...i had an interesting view for the show..fox theater that is lucky...doubt i'll be able to swing it on a sunday night...scaling back the touring after the west coast
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#57283 2 years, 11 months ago
splatter_face wrote:
Yeah, I doubt that would happen also but I can understand your concern. How far from the Fab Fox are you?

I'm about a 10 minute drive from there.

The truth is that I would like for forum members and friends to come and hang out. It should be pretty fun.
I am really looking forward to meeting up with some folks, yourself included. Plus, logistically it provides a night of rest. The trip from Madison to StL on Sunday will make for a long drive, 360 miles.

I suppose the rest is just me wanting everything to go right and we all have a blast.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#57284 2 years, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:
bob's going to lay out a black throated wind for sure down there...i really enjoyed the show last year there despite it being in that college arena...i had an interesting view for the show..fox theater that is lucky...doubt i'll be able to swing it on a sunday night...scaling back the touring after the west coast

www.archive.org/details/furthur2010-11-1...ficial.113080.flac16

They played such a sweet show here last time. Here comes sunshine, so many roads, the wheel, eyes, st stephen, and the acapella attics was the best version I've ever heard. That arena was big, but didn't sell out. The fox is going to be a sweet venue, very intimate with good sight and sound.

I can see why you want to scale back. The west coast tour is looking to be great.

It would be nice if you could make it, it really promises to be a fun time, and it would be nice to meet you.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Ossumpei.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#57317 2 years, 11 months ago
Ossumpei wrote:
wlewis wrote:

www.archive.org/details/furthur2010-11-1...ficial.113080.flac16

They played such a sweet show here last time. Here comes sunshine, so many roads, the wheel, eyes, st stephen, and the acapella attics was the best version I've ever heard. That arena was big, but didn't sell out. The fox is going to be a sweet venue, very intimate with good sight and sound.

I can see why you want to scale back. The west coast tour is looking to be great.

It would be nice if you could make it, it really promises to be a fun time, and it would be nice to meet you.

i was just coming back to this thread to post that show...i had an awesome time, ate some great BBQ down there as well, i'm gonna try to swing it if i can last minute
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#57329 2 years, 11 months ago
So glad you enjoyed the show St.Louis last time wlewis! It was one of my favorites! Probably because it was my hometown show! And was just loving the energy from the audience! Do think about coming! If you don't work weekends you can do a little weekend run and call in sick Monday lol Plus the Fox is Fabulous!

Just so ecstatic Furthus is coming back! )))
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#57332 2 years, 11 months ago
You're welcome to stay here at my place if you like. Once you get here rides and all that will be available. You can get out of it cheaply, and have more fun. if you're with a group of kind heads.

Something to think about.

I agree with FF67,

Just so ecstatic Furthus is coming back! )))
RafaelO
Junior Boarder

#59827 2 years, 11 months ago
Hey

I live up in Northern IL and will be going to Chicago, Madison, St. Louis and Indy. My wife and I are going to the first two but she can't get off of work for St. Louis and Indy. It would be great to meet some folks in St. Louis and hang out. It appears I will have space for a ride to Indy also, but I will need to head back to Chicago after the Indy show. Let me know. I will check back later on.

Rafael
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#60144 2 years, 11 months ago
Sounds like a possibility Rafael.

So far its all in planning, but it looks like a few people hanging at my house. Tents and a small campfire in the yard, and a chill night on Sat, and a chance for some rest before driving to Indy. Probably not a big party or anything

Maybe meet in Chicago and go from there...

Still a little early to be sure, but put us on the 'might be ok' list.
Time to create page: 0.64 seconds