• You are here
Gr8fullBear
Junior Boarder

Red Rocks advice please...

#47313 3 years, 1 month ago
I've never seen a show away from the east coast and have always wanted to make it to Red Rocks. I am just about ready to order tickets and book the plane fare but I just want a little advice from some seasoned travelers. I would much rather sleep in a tent than a hotel but I see there is no camping allowed at the rocks. Can anyone tell me where the nearest camping is? At a glance it seems the deal is to fly to Denver, get a rental car, and find a hotel as close to the rocks as possible. Any suggestions are welcome. Camp spots? Hotel that is easiest to get to even when the sky is yellow and the sun is blue, routes to avoid, etc.. Thanks!
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Gr8fullBear.
Rambleonrabi
Junior Boarder
"let me love you without ending"

Re: Red Rocks advice please...

#47341 3 years, 1 month ago
For camping try maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&xhr...16003534073294819609 Coming from the east coast you may not want to go to high up,and drink alot of water.Chief hosa used to be the place but they may not allow camping during shows I hear.It could be cold and at night higher you go,colder it gets so bring warm clothes.You could try Idaho springs also they have a great hot springs there R
Gr8fullBear
Junior Boarder

#47364 3 years, 1 month ago
Thanks for that.
Gr8fullBear
Junior Boarder

#47804 3 years, 1 month ago
Anyone else? Back in the day I had my bus to crash in and would make it to the campground or stay with a friend, but we know nobody near Red Rocks and the bus is not roadworthy. Would like to stay within the scene as much as possible if anyone knows where most people are staying.
sockrates
Fresh Boarder

#47852 3 years, 1 month ago
I booked a flight from Ithaca to Denver for Red Rocks shows. Have a ticket for Friday, still need Saturday and Sunday. Will consider sharing expenses on motel and car with other traveler(s). Haven't booked a motel yet but looking at Lakewood area. Would also consider camping if there's a kool place. And by the way I do my best driving when the sky is yellow and the sun is blue.
lysergic
Junior Boarder

#48001 3 years, 1 month ago
Bear creek lake is the closest campground to red rocks (lakewood). The problem is they do not take reservations and fill up fast.
Other campgrounds nearby do not accept concert patrons (and they mean it). If you have a car can find other campgrounds within 45 min of the venue. If not you need to be equipped to bushwack and tent camp. Pikes peak natl' forest is huge and nearby but walking is an issue. If you are an experienced camper with the right gear can easily be done. You can try bear creek lake (its still an hour walk to the venue at least) but can find a ride. There is enough open territory to camp but i would only do this if your experienced.
lysergic
Junior Boarder

#48004 3 years, 1 month ago
Many hotels in lakewood and littleton (10-20 min ride to red rocks) Boulder is nice but pricey hotels.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#48025 3 years, 1 month ago
we stayed in highlands ranch maybe 15 min away at a marriott residence inn, was a really nice place, met some cool heads there...there is closer, denver marriott west...they might be sold out i don't know...we're going to be within 5 miles at an RV park
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Gr8fullBear
Junior Boarder

#48075 3 years, 1 month ago
Thanks for the info.! This certainly helps.
RainandSnow
Fresh Boarder

#48731 3 years, 1 month ago
Have flown in for shows here many times. Lakewood hotels along hwy 285 are definitely the easiest to drive to post-show --- all freeway driving.

There are a couple of bed and breakfasts / cottages right in Morrison - you could google that.

Another time we rented a house just SE of Morrison and were able to drive on backroads to get to Morrison. We used VRBO.com, searched on Morrison, CO.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds