• You are here
BeaverWoodFarm
Junior Boarder

Re: Camping near Bethel Woods for July 16

#33108 3 years, 3 months ago
Yeah, I saw they don't like gmails, so I used my This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it address and they accepted it, but for the last 3 days, when i try to post, i just see:

You have reactivated your account and it is currently awaiting approval. Once your account has been approved this message will disappear you'll be able to post and send/receive private messages. There is a backlog of accounts to approve so please be patient.

How big could this "backlog" be?
Perhaps they should hire more staff to manage it!
I'll keep waiting, i guess.
Chester
More or less in line

#33169 3 years, 3 months ago
I don't know the reason or the length of the "waiting period". Be patient. I see your on GOTV board too. Nice.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
HeatherB
Junior Boarder
Inspiration move me brightly

#33419 3 years, 3 months ago
I was considering changing my reservation from another campground but then I saw on mapquest that Swan Lake, NY, where the campground is located, is almost 2 hours from Bethel. Is this right?
BeaverWoodFarm
Junior Boarder

#33436 3 years, 3 months ago
Hey Heather,
We are just 15 mins from the Bethel venue, I promise.

Not sure how Mapquest has the wrong, did you search for Woodstock NY, rather then Bethel Woods?
Anyway, heres what Google Maps has to say:

maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&...d,+Bethel,+NY+12720+(Bethel+Woods+Center+for+the+Arts)&geocode=FeMsfQId-OyK-ym_GgmnsqTciTGqDJ-eXGur_w%3BFYo3fAIdS-qJ-yl1ZzMgYa_ciTG2YPR_jZQcPA%3BFSs9fAIdcnWJ-yGZzkGL69PyJin7s-req6jciTHONhC8R15D8g&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=13&via=1&sll=41.715596,-74.831829&sspn=0.09841,0.197754&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=13

Also, Chester, I still cant post account on RatDog.
May i PAY you to post a new thread for me?
This is just silly.
BeaverWoodFarm
Junior Boarder

#33440 3 years, 3 months ago
Ha, that link doesn't show the route, but it does show Bethel in the lower left, and Swan Lake in the upper right. So you can see we are indeed just 15 mins from Bethel Woods.
Also, we aren't a full time "campground", just a cozy little farm, ready to accommodate a few hundred camping friends.
Hope to hear from more folk soon!
Greg85
Fresh Boarder

#33500 3 years, 3 months ago
Just called and reserved my site. Cool people to talk to and it sounds like they have their bases covered. Looking forward to it!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#33599 3 years, 3 months ago
i am heavily considering---still waiting to see how many are coming along
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
BeaverWoodFarm
Junior Boarder

#34541 3 years, 3 months ago
Nice wLewis, hope you decide to come as well.

Farm Camping Update:
With just a month to go, we are up to 72 reservations, excluding a group of 20+, who have yet to confirm.
Please don't wait to reserve a spot if you haven't yet!

We just confirmed the shuttle bus, with our excellent driver, Emmet.
He'll get you in and out of Bethel Woods with Ninja-like skill.

TJ, our farmhand has begun splitting wood for the campfires, and should have a dry trailer full ready in a month. (He likes to pace himself)
We also have 3 big bonfire pyres that need to burn. I'll warn the fire department, as usual.

Oh and we got a new bull calf yesterday! He will just be weening when you guys come, hope he doesn't cause too much trouble.

Well, thats about it for now. Looking forward to seeing you all in 30 days!

Farmer Paul (845) 295-0194
Attachments:
stricken
Gold Boarder

#34571 3 years, 3 months ago
Hello i tried to send a email for reservations for two ,one campsite but it said the addresse couldnt be confirmed on your homepage on your site. My name is jeff and you can reache me at 717 649 0299
Chester
More or less in line

#34576 3 years, 3 months ago
Ernie is so cute! Thanks for sharing that. Stricken, try the phone number. I think they may have been having some email trouble.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds