• You are here
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

Re: CAMP on a FARM near BETHEL, w/ bus to show!

#46341 3 years, 2 months ago
Yeah something is totally messed up! you put a bunch of people out- to go and scramble to find a place after the plans they made are canceled -- NOT COOL!!!
i don't care how nice farmer paul is- he made a bunch of promises and lured people to his farm and then right before the show he posts that people cant come cause hes been shut down??
LUCY>>>>someones got some splainin' to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#46367 3 years, 2 months ago
it sounds like he was supposed to close it down and maybe ran it anyway hence the keep it quiet thing,i also know there was another camp that offered to take people and had a shuttle maybe they are confusing the 2 either way sucks for those who got stranded.
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#46375 3 years, 2 months ago
I did check with Paul yesterday before posting my reply, he said it was fine to post. All I know is the town was giving farmer Paul and his wife a lot of slack very last minute, lots of threats which apparently were idle threats. In the Paul his wife tried and succeeded to make the place accessible. I don't know what exactly transpired (I was camping and on tour for about 10 days wtihout internet - a nice change), but I know people were messing with him big time and at the time he did not know what was going to transpire. Really not my place to add anything else. My point is someone was messing with a kind guy - who was charging essentially notihing to stay on his farm which is excellent for camping. I for one reserved a hotel for that weekend in a two star super 8 in Monticello for $225, and I only got that "good rate" because I booked the day the shows were announced. Instead of spending $450 on hotels, I canceled the hotel and spent $25 for two nights of camping, with hot showers, lots of firewood, etc. Plus I met a few people I now keep in touch with (the best part of all for me).

I have no agenda but I do not like to see people picked on and set up, and that's exactly what this was. Pauil did his best to accommodate us and someone tried to not only mess with his guests but they also tried to mess with him and his wife. Set up like a freakin bowling pin. I agree it sucks for people who got messed up last minute -- I truly feel for them.

It reminds me of the vending at one of the recent shows (sorry I forget which one, they all melt into a dream). Apparently someone sold permits to vend and then either would not honor them or busted vendors. Same type of BS.

All I can say is mean people suck, and Paul and his wife are not mean people. And to those who flucked with my brothers and sisters who wanted to camp with us, well, kharma will get you ......... when you least expect it.

I hope everyone who went to the show made out ok, the show was great. I was blown away by the comes a time.....

~If you get confused listen to the music play
~All that I want to know, is are you kind?????
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#46383 3 years, 2 months ago
So, maybe one of the other campsites tried to run Paul out of business? Paul does seem like a good dude. And the place
looked beautiful on the website. I've got it bookmarked, and want to stay there sometime. Everyone I know who went,
found accomodations, and made the show. I'm guessing it was just a BS storm. Time to look forward. : )
p.s. It never hurts to have a back-up plan. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#46384 3 years, 2 months ago
now i have been known to let my mind run, but i consider all possibilities before glorifying someone who didn't even have the courtesy to call me (coming with a group of 15) and let me know whats up..

i'm guessing money got the better half of them, filled their place to the brim with a bunch of non-reservations/add ons friday night, leaving my 15 person crew and hundreds of others FUCKED
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#46389 3 years, 2 months ago
Mlewis, definitely not the case, wasn't filled Friday, the bulk of the people came Saturday. Wasn't about money (people here saw that he begged people to reserve so he wouldn't turn them away).

Someone or groups of people messed with them big time. The people who messed with them are probably patting themselves on the back and proud of themselves (they were winners - just like Charlie Sheen). Just ask them.

Anyway, enough said, but sure sorry to hear the plans for your whole group got messed up. Hope you made it to the gr8 show.

killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#46394 3 years, 2 months ago
I don't believe that Paul fucked anyone on purpose. They were threatened with being shut down by the town and their lawyer told them to carry on. The situation was on call when I arrived and they were lucky nothing came of it. He may have posted in an attempt to have people get looking for somewhere else before arriving and finding them shut down. I didn't see the message because I was on the long drive friday night. Mlewis, is sucks that you and your crew got inconvenienced for sure but I don't believe it was at all intentional.
Chester
More or less in line

#46402 3 years, 2 months ago
And the picture becomes more clear. Thank you. Reaffirms my belief it wasn't Pauls, or the farms fault. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#46428 3 years, 2 months ago
Chester, again I have no agenda on this site other than having a good time and making new friends / acquaintances, and of course talking about my favorite obsession, the GD and Furthur. If you ever have the chance, and if you enjoy camping, I suggest you call Paul to see if he can accommodate you. Assuming of course you are in the north east.

I'm stopping by for my fourth trip this weekend. The place has me hooked, like the dead did to me back in '85. I go camping every year, but this place is special. Easy to camp, running water if you need, entertainment, a lake or two on site +++ . IF he can accommodate you this weekend, I would love to share a nice bowl of kindness with ya. I just need to be discrete as I will have some kids and adults who do not exactly understand some of my recreational activities.

I am from long island and it takes me a bit over 2.5 hours to get there. I even made one day trip there between SPAC and Vibes, and it was well worth it.

I suggest that if you go you should grab a bag of carrots or anything that animals eat. If you have carrots, feed one to the llama, it is so freaking funny to watch that guy eat a carrot. A little eerie .... sort of like watching a chimp .... they are both so "human like" it is startling.

To me, there is nothing more relaxing than hanging out the in woods with nature, building a fire, and just doing whatever the freak you want -- forgetting about life for a while. It's even nice to not have the internet, although you do get reception with verizon and some other services.

For me, I have a stressful job and some stressful issues at home. After 3 visits to the farm I swear I broke out of my funk (6 furthur shows helped too ) . All off my stress seemed to wash away, and so far it has stayed away. I am now once again much calmer than before. It was the best mini vacation I've taken in years.

And that is why I am pushing this place, guys and girls, trust me, it is a great stress reliever for us city folk, at a great price. For me, I took my daughter to DisneyWorld two years ago, and we were going to go back again soon. Now she wants to visit the farm instead. That should tell you something (although PS - I think we'll be back in Disney, we both love it a lot).

This whole thing reminds me of the Bobby Song, walk in the sunshine, on many levels. Peace out

"Look out cause here comes some free advice.
Walk in the sunshine, watch for the bright sun,
Be all those things you're able to be.
You got to listen to the heavens, you got to try to understand,
The greatness of their movement is just as small as it is grand.
Try not to hurry, it's just not your worry.
Leave it to those all caught up in time.
You got to deep-six your wristwatch, you got to try and understand,
The time it seems to capture is just the movement of its hands.

I ain't preachin', 'cause I don't know
How to make fast things move along slow
I can't stop it, can't make it go.
Just 'cause I say it, that don't mean that it's so, no, no,
Watch what you hear now, make sure it's clear now,
Just 'cause it's said that don't mean that it's true. So all we say:
You got to make a revolution, you got to help me with my cause.
You got to burn down all the buildings, you got to throw out all the laws.
I ain't burning, Lord, I'm still only learning
How to become a man of my own.
I ain't crazy, nor am I lazy,
Just want to find out what's right and what's wrong.
I ain't crazy, all the world keeps on turning,
I'm still trying to find out what's right and what's wrong.
I ain't crazy!"

[ These are Walk In The Sunshine Lyrics on www.lyricsmania.com/ ]

Send "Walk In The Sunshine" to your Cell
Tag Cloud:
For You, And Your Denial Disappear Here Alias Bring On The Wonder Strobe One May Die So Lonely Move You Chocolates & Cigarettes Ella Dijo Let It Fall

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#46445 3 years, 2 months ago
oh we made it to the show, and i thoroughly enjoyed myself...even found a campground closer and cheaper

what i am so bothered by is that i didn't receive a call (they took my phone number) and they didn't pick up THEIR phones as i tried to call and figure things out...whole thing just seems odd

i am truly happy some of you were able to enjoy it, because it sounded killer...
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds