• You are here
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: CAMP on a FARM near BETHEL, w/ bus to show!

#41610 2 years, 9 months ago
gee i wonder how the inspectors found out, thats fucked up damm snitches
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#45115 2 years, 8 months ago
I wanted to thank farmer Paul and his wife Marilyn and farmhand TJ for making my stay at Beaverwood farm so enjoyable. I spent two days there before the Bethel show (Fri and Sat) then I actually returned to the farm after Jones Beach for a few days before heading back to the Saratoga show. Then after Saratoga, I picked up my 13 year old daughter in Long Island (next to Jones Beach) and took her to the farm for one day before I moved on to GOTV's in Ct (we rented Paul's cabin for one night - but we want to return with tents).

Both myself and my daughter had the time of our lives there. My daughter made “best friends” with a 3 month old calf, a baby goat and some ducklings, among others. It was so cute watching her talk to the animals. I am certain many of you would really enjoy this place. I am definitely planning on visiting the farm again (we’re organizing a 20 person camping trip hopefully for next week) – and you KNOW where we are headed., IMO the Paul, Marilyn and the animals make this a special place to stay. A hidden gem for nature lovers.

If Furthur plays in Bethel again next summer, I'll definitely stay there again next year. If they don't play in Bethel next year, we should throw our own party up there next year. Any interest folks?

~may the four winds blow you safely home
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#45120 2 years, 8 months ago
Staying there for the Bethel show was a blast and all good people thanks to Farmer Paul.
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#45128 2 years, 8 months ago
thought that place got shut down- what gives?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#45141 2 years, 8 months ago
irishqueenie wrote:
thought that place got shut down- what gives?

yeah wait...i'm riding your wavelength right now--they posted on here it was shut down correct? a couple hours before i left to head there, being unable to contact any other places until later that day...pretty much in so many words, fucking up the days plans...although things did work out for us
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: irishqueenie
shakedownst
Junior Boarder

#45143 2 years, 8 months ago
It was shut down...Scarlet fire there must have confused the year or something, right? Right.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#46140 2 years, 8 months ago
Beaverwood Farms was definitely not shut down, rather it was filled to the gills with us deadheads. Farmer Paul was totally cool. I don't beleive Paul is a deadhead per say, but he is deadhead / hippy in spirit. A really cool guy. He even let me and my daughter help milk the goats when I returned later that week after the Bethel show. Milking goats and collecting eggs was a real panic for us city folk. You should have seen me trying to lift a chicken to collect an egg, worthy of a three stooges movie.

As I said I stayed there the Friday before Bethel (2011) and the night after the show. Plus I believe Beaverwood Farms was the only campsite running a shuttle bus to and from the show, which I am glad I took rather than driving (it was a fun ride and well worth the small fee).

I am actually going camping there AGAIN this weekend with 9 other people. We were shooting for 20 people or so this weekend, but the timing isn't working out for us.

For those of you in the NY area, you may recall the Catskill game farm. It was closed years ago, but I used to go there as a child. Used to buy food to feed the little animals in the petting zoo, it was a nice change from the city. Well, Beaverwood Farms is 100000% better, totally cool animals and you can feed them all you want. Only thing is many of the animals think they are house pets as they were hand raised. So don't be surprised when you find the horses and goats. cows. etc coming over to you looking to be petted and fed. I love animals so I am thrilled that these animals are generally friendly towards people. Last time I was there (1 week and a half ago), my daughter had a 3 month old calf follow her around almost all day, and she loved it. That calf was like an overgrown puppy dog. Truly amazing stuff. At first the calf was coaxed with some food, after a while the two of them just "hit it off" and the calf would follow my daughter everywhere.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by scar1et_f1re. Reason: correct typo
shakedownst
Junior Boarder

#46172 2 years, 8 months ago
Shhhhh. Prettttty sure Paul would appreciate that. Maybe you could delete this? And the last one. Yes, he's cool as pie, but....well, maybe best to delete this....I say this from a good place of holding baby milking goats.....
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#46227 2 years, 8 months ago
BeaverWoodFarm wrote:
Sadly, a DISASTER has OCCURRED!
The town zoning inspector, DEC, and health inspector just came to visit, and said we are now operating an "unlicensed campground".
We attempted to explain that we are NOT a campground, but simply a farm that allows campers a few days per year.
They did not see it that way, and gave us a summons and ordered us to "cease and desist" allowing campers on our farm.

So sadly, if you have reserved a spot, you will need to find another place to camp.
Please call Fiddlers (845) 866-3976 and The Dancing Cat (845) 548-2606, they may be able to help you.

We are so sorry, we had even checked the laws before offering this, and were assured by these same people that this was legal.
Unbelievable and tragic indeed.
then whats this all about ?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#46287 2 years, 8 months ago
wow well something sounds a little messed up here.....

the owners of the camp came on the Furthur board telling everyone it was shut down the day of the show, now people say it was filled, and somebody wants you to delete what you said?

hmmmm why would they all the sudden not want people from the Furthur board there after acting so nice on here?..... someone should post this in general discussion - somethings not right.

I wasn't planning on camping there or anywhere but when I was reading their threads I just thought there was this sketchyness to the way they were presenting themselves and being so nice - thats really not cool to ruin peoples plans like that.

forgive me if I'm wrong but it sounds like they just screwed a bunch of folks at the last minute.
The following user(s) said Thank You: irishqueenie
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds