• You are here
Ryan Emmett
Fresh Boarder

Pittsburgh/Southwest PA Deadheads... Dead Night...

#29960 3 years, 3 months ago
I am new to this forum but this is in no way intended to be spam whatsoever. Definitely just trying to reach out to fellow Pittsburgh area Deadheads...

If we got a Dead Night going on at former PDs Pub (now Frankie and Georgie's I believe) in Squirrel Hill, who would come out? The owner and I are very excited about this being a possibility but need to draw in at least 15 to 20 people a night for it to be worthwhile.

Who would come??
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

Re: Pittsburgh/Southwest PA Deadheads... Dead Night...

#30179 3 years, 3 months ago
Depending on what day it falls on, I could make it. Is this the bar Fungus Plays at ?
Ryan Emmett
Fresh Boarder

#30187 3 years, 3 months ago
It would be Wednesdays and I'm not sure about Fungus regularly gigging there, not to my knowledge? But I'm not positive about that.
CosmicChuckD
Fresh Boarder

#30206 3 years, 3 months ago
Yeah, I think they did something similar when the place was PD's pub. I'd probably stop in. There's a Pittsburgh/TriState Deadhead group on facebook. You should hit those folks up.
Ryan Emmett
Fresh Boarder

#32056 3 years, 2 months ago
Sounds awesome. Thanks for the tip. Truth be told I grew up more on punk, experimental music, noise music, hard psych rock, etc more so than the "hippy jam" type scene. As I grew older and explored the music of the Grateful Dead more in depth, I realized there's major bridges between the two and now is the time that I would like to tap into other crowds and bring everyone together!

edit: could you give me the URL for the Facebook group? Somehow I can't find it!
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Ryan Emmett.
Ryan Emmett
Fresh Boarder

#34877 3 years, 2 months ago
OK UPDATE:

This is in full swing. Wednesdays at Frankie and Georgie's in Squirrel Hill, Pittsburgh PA. 9:30 - 1am.

I am switching off every other week with another DJ. This week was my first night and the crowd was thin but the vibes were GREAT. Just very good atmosphere, everyone had a good time. Cheap imports too! Get there early (before 10) for 25 cent wings. Hoping to get this going in the future with possible videos, contests, guest DJs, etc...

COME ON OUT!

Frankie and Georgie's
(412) 422-5027
Squirrel Hill/CMU
5832 Forward Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Ryan Emmett
Fresh Boarder

#35265 3 years, 2 months ago
Ryan Emmett
Fresh Boarder

#48165 3 years ago
Today mark's the anniversary of the death of Jerry Garcia.

Tomorrow we shall honor him at a special GD Night, as I will be spinning a playlist very heavy on Jerry tunes.

Let's hang out and honor the humble and joyful spirit of Mr. Garcia by listening to his jams on nice sounding loud speakers and enjoying a few rounds of libations!

FACEBOOK PAGE FOR MY PORTION OF THE DJing: www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=207739925935255
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Ryan Emmett.
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds