• You are here
i_be_sublime
Expert Boarder
R.I.P.JERRY

Working the tour.

#27509 3 years, 5 months ago
Does anyone know of a way to work on the tour? I would like to do the whole tour and vend or sell stickers for some1 anything really to be able to ride from show to show. Just figured i would put it out there and see what i get back. P.S. if the bus comes by i ll get on would clean up after shows whatever. Thanks my fellow heads for any and all info. R.I.P jerry
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

Re: Working the tour.

#27541 3 years, 5 months ago
i doubt the internet is the place to look for this type of help. my advice, go to a furthur show, not a festie, too many weekend worriors at festies, more real deal tour kids at furthur shows. go, talk to people, let EVERYONE know you need work, im assumin you do, then you know try to hook up a ride to the next show festie whatever, wherever furthur goes. life on the road is a bitch, and 99% of people who try it, go right back home. good luck.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#27613 3 years, 5 months ago
TOUR OR BUST. Not bring'n ne cash on the road. In the process of makin hundreds of bracelets that i can walk around n sell, for some food money. About gettin from show to show, iono. Im makin up plans, chartin maps, eating kittens.Takin a bus from california. Gonna hitch from show to show if no rides can be found. Most likely (hopin) to find different heads to travel with who are goin to the same destination. Nevr been on an extended tour, so little advice to give here. Jus stay positive is all. =-)

=-)Goin Furthur on the Summer o' 2011 Furthur Tour=-)

P.S. Who alls goin to Shoreline jun4th? Havn a wee little forum gathering/SmokeSesh/Shooting of the shit, at 4:19 by the Furthur Bus. Might be a grip o people in that area picking up advanced tickets ($20) for the PopQuiz, so if you dont see me just shout platypus once or twice at an increased volume. lol =-) 5-6 of us so far, anyone else care to join?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#27658 3 years, 5 months ago
lots of venues need seasonal help you sell sodas etc not sure how easy that is anymore people used to do that.DH420 watch who you ride with dont drop doses if your hitching you need to be alert big time people get killed like that,i have gotten rides wouldnt do it again,best bet is hook up in the day and know where the car is parked and be there right after the show people dont wait .good luck be careful when it gets closer i'll get your phone # i maybe able to help out for a few shows
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
Muddy Das
Junior Boarder

#27851 3 years, 5 months ago
hey i use to do alot of hitchhiking on tour back in the 80's and 90's, coast to coast several times. You really need to be on point. you can get a totally kick ass ride and the next one takes your pack and leaves you in est bumbblefuck nowheresville. Lets not forget about the police, you are committing a crime and they can arrest you. Most cops i encountered just wrote me a ticket but all of them searched me and my pack. Don't get me wrong i got some really kickass rides, people taking me to thier house so i can shower and do Laundry, one guy picked us up in cheyanne wyoming and gave us a ride all the way to ohio. It was in november -11 out and we where trying to hop on jerry tour in nyc, well we made it and had sooo much fun. I am not saying don't do it just be very careful.
As far as working on the lot i suggest looking for the person with a decent size set up who looks busy and would need a hand. Don't expect to make to make boat loads of cash this is tour. I would suggest having a back up stash of emergency cash. Nothing sucks more than being broke on tour.

Wow now that a re-read this i sound like some old man .....back in my day we had it rough.....
Well anyways have fun be safe .....Every silver lining has a touch of grey
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#27886 3 years, 5 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
lots of venues need seasonal help you sell sodas etc not sure how easy that is anymore people used to do that.DH420 watch who you ride with dont drop doses if your hitching you need to be alert big time people get killed like that,i have gotten rides wouldnt do it again,best bet is hook up in the day and know where the car is parked and be there right after the show people dont wait .good luck be careful when it gets closer i'll get your phone # i maybe able to help out for a few shows

Thanx 4 the advice, n the help if you can.=-) Ya, i was kinda worried bout hitching. Have images in my head of my gettin gangbanged in a ditch by a group of tweakers.lol. Funny, but NOT funny. Hopefully i wont have to do much hitching. So far it seems like theres some kind heads on here who might be willing to help(thanks u all). I think the hardest ride for me to find will b the mansfield to philly trip. Have to find someone whos goin to both, but isnt goin to vibes. Im sure all will work out in the end. Positive vibes will overcome any difficulties. =-) hehe
Soooo stoked for the tour. Cant wait for Furthur to make my brain explode over and over and over. Looking forward to meeting some new friends n family, n havin an insanely beautifully weird time. =-)

GOIN FURTHUR ON THE SUMMER O 2011 FURTHUR TOUR. See you freaks out there freakin !!!!!

P.S. I love you all.....xcept that mandy dude who was disrespecting our beloved ms jimp.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#27899 3 years, 5 months ago
theres alot of cheap buses in the nyc area tha go all over i overhead some of the tour heads talking bout them bolt bus i think and some others that operate out of chinatown
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#27956 3 years, 5 months ago
DeadHead420 wrote:
TOUR OR BUST. Not bring'n ne cash on the road. In the process of makin hundreds of bracelets that i can walk around n sell, for some food money. About gettin from show to show, iono. Im makin up plans, chartin maps, eating kittens.Takin a bus from california. Gonna hitch from show to show if no rides can be found. Most likely (hopin) to find different heads to travel with who are goin to the same destination. Nevr been on an extended tour, so little advice to give here. Jus stay positive is all. =-)

=-)Goin Furthur on the Summer o' 2011 Furthur Tour=-)

P.S. Who alls goin to Shoreline jun4th? Havn a wee little forum gathering/SmokeSesh/Shooting of the shit, at 4:19 by the Furthur Bus. Might be a grip o people in that area picking up advanced tickets ($20) for the PopQuiz, so if you dont see me just shout platypus once or twice at an increased volume. lol =-) 5-6 of us so far, anyone else care to join?

Ill be there my friend... IM actually leaving san antonio on a train tomorow and am stayin in the bay area till shoreline and afterwards headed back to texas. But yeah ill look for the furthur bus and ill make sure that im there at 420 and we will get toasteeeed
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
Chester
More or less in line

#28038 3 years, 5 months ago
Most of the festivals have volunteer positions available. For Trash collection and set-up, tear-downs, etc. But those positions fill up
quickly. Probably too late now. However you do it, be careful.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#28504 3 years, 5 months ago
DH- You want to make some cash? Do you have a Web Cam?

I was joking about the cam,but seriuosly email me This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it I may have just the ticket for you.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds