• You are here
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

Homeschooling Heads

#27160 3 years, 5 months ago
Hey now, a New England family here...wondering where are all the homeschooling families??
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

Re: Homeschooling Heads

#27166 3 years, 5 months ago
When i got kicked out my school (nooot for anything bad, jus moved outa neighborhood, n they found out) I startd homeschooling. Jus taught myself, n wud go take a couple tests at this place once a week. Always smoked before testing, n got 100% like every time. Iono..is that considered homeschool? lol. Had a couple friends waaaaay bak n the day who were homeschooled but, lik payed someone to come in and teach..which seemed weird to me. iono

=-) Whos all goin to Shoreline June 4th? SmokeSesh by the Furthur Bus at 4:19 So far, lik 4 people. Anyone else?=-)
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#27170 3 years, 5 months ago
You're a trip DH420..loving you
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
Muddy Das
Junior Boarder

#27257 3 years, 5 months ago
wow i was thinking about starting this topic myself. I am interested in finding secular lesson plans guides but just can't find any. We are not currently homeschooling because we are a two income family and just have the time to prepare lesson plans and such. We do know several family's around here that do homeschool. The good thing now is that are kids are not yet 5 so they don't legally have to be in school so hopefully by then we can homeschool. We do as much as we can at the moment and they are soaking it up. Funny though my wife has a degree in education but i am the one who is going to most of the schooling.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#27305 3 years, 5 months ago
they have something inPA where you can do it all on the computer ,ive seen the comercials but dont know the name
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#27403 3 years, 5 months ago
I was home schooled (pretty hardcore Christian style) from 7th grade to 9th. I could say it made me a little smarter than the average bear, curriculum-wise, but socially, it retarded me. Tried to return to public ed for 10th grade only to find out that my home school was uncredited by the California Ed. board (waste of 3 yrs) They wanted to send me back to 7th grade (haha) Ended up takin GED at 15 in Idaho w/ flying colors (high, mind you). Could Definitely say I came out a better educated, but my social skills are still sub par to this day and without full participation by parents, I would not recommend it.
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#27414 3 years, 5 months ago
you bring up some good points about socialization skills
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#27597 3 years, 5 months ago
Socialization has been an issue brought up before...I could go on but don't feel the need. It is the education we are going for..not the social acceptance
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#27670 3 years, 5 months ago
they can always go to the playground
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#27672 3 years, 5 months ago