#26300 3 years, 2 months ago
YO Tennessee i mean big apple Jed !
how are ya?
come and join the party every day!
Orsino
Fresh Boarder

Re: GAY DEADHEADS?

#45923 2 years, 12 months ago
I'm one! Been going to dead shows for years and then DSO and now Furthur, and I've always been a little surprised I don't meet more gay folks there. . . certainly a welcoming crowd. . . I've been to shows and walk hand in hand with my BF and rarely get any shit about it. . . a few second looks from stoned hippies is all!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#46126 2 years, 12 months ago
saw ya on the road to the shakedown lot at PNC just wanted to say hey
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#46130 2 years, 12 months ago
I've gone to many shows with my two gay friend and I know another couple real well and I love them there allnvery nice. But I also live in the bay area where it acceptable and it should be anywhere
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
prasada
Junior Boarder

#46938 2 years, 12 months ago
i have a pretty large group of gay deadhead fans in the western/central NY area...we've been touring around together for years...
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#46964 2 years, 12 months ago
Can't comment on your 10% number but I agree with ejacodad and others here. This is overall a very relaxed, easy going community where everybody should be able to comfortably express themselves and be accepted by most people, irrespective of their race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, etc. .

Plus as another poster pointed out, the dead have a heavy following in the bay area which probably has an above average % of gay people than average (or they are more open??). Same with NYC. So if 10% is the national average I can't see why you wouldn't expect that 10% of deadheads are gay.

And it's not just the younger generation that is more accepting (IMO). I'm 48 here, heterosexual but totally open and accepting of all walks of life. I actually don't understand how you can dislike or even hate somebody because their likes and or beliefs are different than yours. I think I get that from being in NYC, but also from being a human being.

Peace to all my brothers and sisters. Together we stand, divided we fall.
~May the four winds blow us all safely home.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: mja4wp
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#46988 2 years, 12 months ago
gay, straight, bi... people are people as far as i'm concerned. welcome aboard!
Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by .
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#51424 2 years, 11 months ago
There are plenty of us around. WEIR EVERYWHERE!
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#51894 2 years, 11 months ago
i live on the west coast and honestly sexual preference comes up/as is important as like whether you like pickels on your cheeseburger. you knnow? out here there are probably more than 10% gay deadheads if you count bi people. i dontknow though, i just dont think about it too much. im not gay, but you look like decent lookin fella so dont worry one day you will find your sugabear.
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds