• You are here
blues disciple
Junior Boarder

Camping or similar near Raleigh and Simpsonvillle

#22787 3 years, 3 months ago
Hey,

I plan to go see Further in July in Raleigh, NC and the next night at Simpsonville, SC. Probably won't have the cash for a hotel room for two nights.

Anyone know of any campgrounds around those towns?

What about any safe places to park my van and sleep in the back unnoticed? What's cool and not cool when doing this?

Help!

BD
ratdogdonna
Junior Boarder

Re: Camping or similar near Raleigh and Simpsonvillle

#22887 3 years, 3 months ago
I dont know much about that area but I know in NY state I have spent tnites in the van (this is recent). I picked a place like a shopping center & parked someplace not too far & not too close to the stores ( so it looked like I may have been the cleaning crew)- dont stay by a 24 hr store- unless it is a walmart, I understand they will let u crash in their lots) and just hung out - left welll before the stores open. Also slept at a rest stop in albany, no body bothered me. Enjoy
Let there be songs to fill the air <3
Mrs Deviled Egg
Fresh Boarder

#23926 3 years, 3 months ago
we lived in those parts for a while and are planning to be at all the southern shows, so hit us up if you end up in need of a place to park or crash when the time comes, we always seem to have a nice large group and selection of places to stay round there good grief it's been too long since we saw Furthur.... missing the Fox was the worst... best ones always the next one, though, i think that's what they say
blues disciple
Junior Boarder

#25038 3 years, 3 months ago
Thanks for the info and invite. I will keep you in mind as I plan my trip!

BD
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#25279 3 years, 3 months ago
any wal mart will let you park in there lot and you can use the bathrooms ,grab some cheap snacks,some have fresh fruit
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#29044 3 years, 2 months ago
There are a lot of state park campsites around Raleigh at Umstead State Park (US 70 W) and several campgrounds associated with the Falls Lake State Park and Recreation Area. Also look into Lake Jordan and Eno River State Parks which are closer to Durham and Chapel Hill. Raven Rock State Park southwest of Raleigh may also be an option.
Alcohol is not allowed in NC state parks
Parks close the gates around 8pm, but most have room on the side of the road for several cars and seem to allow it. You may want check with the NC State Parks for reservations.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#29724 3 years, 2 months ago
Hey, I live in Indiana but my sister lives in Spartanburg and would let us stay at her place or you could park in her driveway and crash in the van but, I need a ticket. Do you have any extras? My email is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it Later, Glenn
blues disciple
Junior Boarder

#44529 3 years ago
Hey,

Sorry for the late notice....hope you see this before Thursday or Friday. I will be the Ralieigh and Simpsonville shows. I should be ok for a place to park and sleep in Raleigh, but may need some help with Simpsonville. If you can help, get up with me at 704-763-7836 sometime on Friday. Would love either a place to park and sleep or crash. Could share a hotel room, etc.

Mike
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds