• You are here
StealYourMind
Fresh Boarder

Sleeping arrangements for the new years run

#223245 1 year, 8 months ago
Hi, I'm doing all three nights for new years. I am from San Diego and will be in San Fran for 5 nights. I intend to sleep in my camper shell on my truck. My question is: do people still camp in their cars when they see the Dead, and if so, where is a safe place to park? Will anyone else be sleeping in their cars?
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

Re: Sleeping arrangements for the new years run

#223383 1 year, 8 months ago
I hear the area around the venue is kinda sketchy but good luck to you stay safe .
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
DL1943
Junior Boarder

#223428 1 year, 8 months ago
i wouldnt sleep around the venue, i dont know of anywhere to park that isnt sloped and on a sidewalk. head out to golden gate park, there is good parking for what you seek on the west end near the windmills.

i wouldnt do it if it is obvious you are sleeping in there. if a passing pedestrian or cop cant really tell, go for it.

if you have anything illegal, stash it in a waterproof box several yards away from where you are sleeping. make sure it is well hidden and no one sees you put it in its hiding place. if you do get woken up by law enforcement, at least you dont have that to worry about. ask the officer to stay for a few moments to "wake up" so you can snag it after you leave, or swing around again in 10-20min
catfishjohn26
Fresh Boarder

#223436 1 year, 8 months ago
I slept in my van in a parking spot a few blocks from the venue this summer when there for a concert. kinda sketchy. I'm headed out there today and planning on doing some car camping again so let me know where you post up and perhaps we can start a group!
nothingicandobutsmile
Fresh Boarder

#223453 1 year, 8 months ago
There are some good flat spots off McAllister st to park at. I slept there for the past couple new years. Free parking and its just a couple blocks from the Civic Center. Hope that helps folks
nothingicandobutsmile
Fresh Boarder

#223454 1 year, 8 months ago
and i plan on sleeping there again this year
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds