• You are here
BEW
Junior Boarder

Scene at Jones Beach from someone who knows

#20454 3 years, 3 months ago
Police are refusing to allow a Shakedown there and have refused for the past 2 years. PHUN going to beach and hanging out in water with 100's of other Deadheads...We BBQ in parking lot, listen to music and are very careful. GREAT venue...you can see water from seats...no really bad seats. If you get to the lot a few hours early you get to hear the rehearsal...COOL!
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Scene at Jones Beach from someone who knows

#20530 3 years, 3 months ago
the beach is awesome you got a choice between the batside ,where theatre is located and the atlantic ocean side across the road.i love jones beach proper the venue for shows ehhanother story,id be going cept the ride from bethal to jones is a long one and id have another 4 hr ride after the show too much for me
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#20865 3 years, 3 months ago
great venue, I would rather not hear the rehearsal though as I like everything to be a suprise....
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#21036 3 years, 3 months ago
^^^ya never know what yer gonna get at soundcheck though, sometimes stuff they'll NEVER play

stumbled into the pittsburgh soundcheck on the last tour...heard them doing fool in the rain (should have suspected it for april fools day 2 days later in hampton) and i also thought i heard them doing la bomba...
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#21114 3 years, 3 months ago
love catching a sound check always feel like im getting something extra
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
sneakyjack
Junior Boarder

#22653 3 years, 3 months ago
No beer inside the venue unless you have special seating (VIP?). Can hear rehearsal from outside but not the actual show? hee hee yes you canhear the show from the close lots and the water if you have a boat. Unsure about the shakedown scene as its been a while.... Also not sure about the "party in the lot pre and post"
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#22682 3 years, 3 months ago
I got to Roger Waters late a few years back (my friends fault) and we were in the far parking lot. I could still hear the show as soon as we pulled up...
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds