icebluerosesgrow
Fresh Boarder

7/7 MANN CENTER?

#189610 2 years, 1 month ago
HI all!!!
Ive NEVER posted in a forum before and dont think I know anyone on here..but if I saw all of your faces at a show somewhere it would feel a lot different I think.
The mann was the 1st of 3 shows I saw on this summer tour and probably FAVORITE of all. (Bethel being a close second) This review is kind of a bit delayed...but the next tour didn't start YET. Philly is my hometown and truckin>nobodys fault just did it for me...a nostalgic Peggy O was just perfect. I am a lover of Esau so that dance led me to wander the land to find more room and do just that. also thought FOTM sounded a LOT like the Live/Dead fire. Cool 2nd set Wheel with a glorious summer breeze after such a HOT day and Unbroken chain were other highlights in this well put together setlist.
I tried my hand at vending early in the day some kombucha i made but as i slung the heavy glass bottles n ice in a cooler over my shoulder no one seemed to know what it even was....was not discouraged better luck next time. haha...met great family in the grass before the show and found close seats from a not so strange stranger at a better price for my friend and i. all around everything in this day was so much fun.
after
the deal went down and swirling came to a temporary end I ran into friends new & old during the set break. Its good to be home and see so many smiling faces. So I wandered~as I normally will do at shows~ my way up to the lawn Phil side by set 2 and as the band went into china cat sunflower I found myself dancing with a VERY sweet guy. I had a pen and paper as I was writing the song list which always poses to be a challenge-need practice. We had a real good time Dancin' and shared the magical dark star caution space jam on the balcony.
The Mann center really is a wonderful venue (only negative is the nitrous gang all over outside of the show) and it's not easy to get much talking done when such beautiful music is being played right before your eyes and ears. Bid you goodnight was the LAST thing I wanted to hear at the time((let's get on with the show))) I intended to exchange numbers with this Kind head but it slipped by somehow. Silly me...mustv'e been the roses.....He lives in San Diego so I had thought it would be good to enjoy the serendipity of seeing each other at a show in California another time and he did too. little did I Know that there will be a show in San diego in a few weeks! and how many more after that? coinciding with my birthday, and of course, DSO at belly up tavern later that same week and other places not incredibly far.
Parts of fall tour sound too good to miss...
Just not sure, all doors are at least halfway open!!! If I get it together I very well might be there and it would be so good to meet him again. My eyes have seen miracles of all sorts happen with a high frequency, in a world full of deadheads.
Do any of you furthur forum star posters know who he is?? I am not the best at remembering names but he may have been RON..with some family in Philly but moved to San diego? Maybe to school. Long brown hair, a beard smoked cigs, and seemed to be a generally fascinating and balanced human being. He was wearing a tshirt with OM symbol on it. I would be grateful. if not mr. Bobby weir will sing it, ever so wisely...
Nobody's Fault but Mine!

love and hugs
Nicole
Last Edit: 2 years ago by icebluerosesgrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: i_be_sublime
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: July 7>Mann Center>Question for the audience

#189832 2 years, 1 month ago
Very nice first post, I cannot help ya find him, but I sure wish you the best of luck.

Love to hear any updates......
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: icebluerosesgrow
icebluerosesgrow
Fresh Boarder

Re: 7/7 MANN CENTER?

#199639 2 years ago
So coming to terms that I won't be able to make the shows.......was very close to being there with tickets and all but due to various calamities Im sitting here in Pennsylvania in the attics of my life, full of cloudy dreams unreal.
I will miss furthur A LOT..........it hurts my heart to think that we could possibly not have the pleasure of seeing them out here again? on the bright side. enjoying the streams and looking forward to seeing John K's band again and then Phil and friends shows
The following user(s) said Thank You: njt1rider
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#200051 2 years ago
icebluerosesgrow wrote:
So coming to terms that I won't be able to make the shows.......was very close to being there with tickets and all but due to various calamities Im sitting here in Pennsylvania in the attics of my life, full of cloudy dreams unreal.
I will miss furthur A LOT..........it hurts my heart to think that we could possibly not have the pleasure of seeing them out here again? on the bright side. enjoying the streams and looking forward to seeing John K's band again and then Phil and friends shows

hey sister, Im going to John K in wilkes barre pa, maybe I'll see you there
-- smell every flower --
icebluerosesgrow
Fresh Boarder

#200105 2 years ago
you surre will. I'd be sure to say hello & hug if I knew a way to spot you in the crowd.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#200162 2 years ago
I will be wearing my light blue FFF t-shirt designed by Little Bear, my avatar is the back of the shirt
-- smell every flower --
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds