p0testi0
Fresh Boarder

Spring Tour

#131712 2 years, 7 months ago
My wife and I are considering making a trip around the Spring Tour. I noticed that most of the venues are clubs as opposed to Amphitheaters for the Summer Tour. How is the Pre show parking lot scene for the Spring Tours? Are they anything like the Summer tours?
I ask because we may only buy tix for shows at the last minute but would go along to others just to hang out in the lots. Is this worth it?
We've been to the 2009 Dead tour in Philly and Chicago and Furthur in 2010 in Chicago and those were great.
DrippingColors
Senior Boarder

Re: Spring Tour

#131910 2 years, 7 months ago
Hey, My wife and I were at Philly 09 and Chi 10, also. Both had vibrant parking lot scenes, although it was cold and rainy in Chi. My understanding is that there is no parking lot scene in NYC (as there are few large parking lots in Manhattan). Plus you don't want to mess with NYPD. The summer tour will definitely have a lot of tailgating and vending, I have been to Finger Lakes and Rochester Hills recently, both very cool. I was at Merriweather, but that was in 85 so I can't say for sure
p0testi0
Fresh Boarder

#131963 2 years, 7 months ago
Thanks for the info. I figured that the summer tour would be a better time as far as the parking lot scene goes.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#131967 2 years, 7 months ago
dont bother unless you got tickets wait for summer tour bethel lot is a good one
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
p0testi0
Fresh Boarder

#131983 2 years, 7 months ago
Thanks 83msg....
I'd hate to get all the way to the East Coast and be bummed out
We'll get geared up for summer then. The good thing too is that we have more planning time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#132076 2 years, 7 months ago
Yeah, I would say something different. Most all shows have a decent shakedown. It is weather and venue specific but for the most part summer is much larger but spring, winter and fall will have a scene. For me it isn't necessarily the size but the quality of the scene that matters (if you know what I mean).
p0testi0
Fresh Boarder

#132268 2 years, 7 months ago
What about in NYC? Is there a lot scene somewhere? We were thinking of driving from Upper Peninsula Michigan out East.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by p0testi0.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds