• You are here
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Blast-Off in Broomfield - Forum Get-Together

#122068 2 years, 7 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
Howdy All: Now that we're actually within striking distance of the P+F Broomfield shows, I thought I'd start a new thread regarding a forum get-together. There are obviously lots of possibilities ranging from a simple meeting spot inside the venue to a forum dinner, a big after-show party of some sort, or even a day trip to Boulder or Denver.

In an effort to keep things simple, we could plan to meet in between sets on Thursday, Feb. 16th and then take it from there. I'm not familiar with the venue, but I would think that meeting on the floor behind the soundboard could be a good spot.

Let me know what you think. Below is the list of people on the Broomfield roll call from another thread. We're up to 22 names!

1) Deadontherivet
2) Jade aka ECO
3) wlewis
4) denver man
5) perry
6) edheadwharfrat
7) taper.tsquare (trent)
FurthurFlower67
9) Strider
10) Wundurland
11) Cosmic Arkie
12) Willy aka Bilbo
13) GratefulDad420
14) Tim aka TMGLF2
15) Lil' Mama
16) MonkeyMan
17) Bluetrainsugaree
18) Iriecycle
19) Strangerinboulder
20) GKB
21) Little Bear
22) ruby_clair

If you guys do go to Boulder, I will tour guide.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#122071 2 years, 7 months ago
Last year we hung out in the stairwells of the parking garage.Third (top) floor. Ample amount of room....and out of the cold.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#122075 2 years, 7 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
Last year we hung out in the stairwells of the parking garage.Third (top) floor. Ample amount of room....and out of the cold.

...and it will be cold!!!

www.weather.com/weather/5-day/39.920541,-105.086650
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#122077 2 years, 7 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:

What's security like in the parking garage?

Does it cost money to park there?

Can you park where you want in the garage or do they direct the parking in there?

I'll admit it might be warmer, but it might be harder for folks to find us versus parking in one of the two surface lots.
Takin' it in stride!
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#122084 2 years, 7 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:

Can you park where you want in the garage or do they direct the parking in there?

I'll admit it might be warmer, but it might be harder for folks to find us versus parking in one of the two surface lots.

Strider: it's your call, but i vote to keep the current plan in tact. just my 2 cents.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#122090 2 years, 7 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:

Non existent. I believe $10. Yes. Last year, there were four cars on the whole top floor near the elevator. Nobody parked there last year. I agree. Just a suggestion. Plus it overlooks "Shakedown Street"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
Strider1
Platinum Boarder

#122096 2 years, 7 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:

Non existent. I believe $10. Yes. Last year, there were four cars on the whole top floor near the elevator. Nobody parked there last year. I agree. Just a suggestion. Plus it overlooks "Shakedown Street"

Thanks for the info. We'll use it as option "B" if we can't get a good spot in the surface lot closer to shakedown.

Hey anyone, I noticed that there are 2 surface lots, one (Lot "B") southwest of the arena and another one (Lot "A") northwest of the arena that parallels the highway and wraps around the parking garage. Does anyone know which one had shakedown street last year, or for any other shows there?

Strangerinboulder - From your post it sounds like Shakedown was behind the parking garage in Lot A, is that correct?
Takin' it in stride!
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Strider1.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#122098 2 years, 7 months ago
The one that parallels the highway was the bigger one last year.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#122099 2 years, 7 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:

Thanks for the info. We'll use it as option "B" if we can't get a good spot in the surface lot closer to shakedown.

Hey anyone, I noticed that there are 2 surface lots, one (Lot "B") southwest of the arena and another one (Lot "A") northwest of the arena that parallels the highway and wraps around the parking garage. Does anyone know which one had shakedown street last year, or for any other shows there?

Strangerinboulder - From your post it sounds like Shakedown was behind the parking garage in Lot A, is that correct?

I'm not sure about the lot lettering, but if you were on the corner of the top floor of the parking garage, it would be just off to the right (ne I believe). You can see Shakedown, as well as the highway.Does this help?
Strider1
Platinum Boarder

#122100 2 years, 7 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:

I'm not sure about the lot lettering, but if you were on the corner of the top floor of the parking garage, it would be just off to the right (ne I believe). You can see Shakedown, as well as the highway.Does this help?

Yep. Thanks for the clarification.
Takin' it in stride!
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds