• You are here
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Blast-Off in Broomfield - Forum Get-Together

#120824 2 years, 8 months ago
Howdy All: Now that we're actually within striking distance of the P+F Broomfield shows, I thought I'd start a new thread regarding a forum get-together. There are obviously lots of possibilities ranging from a simple meeting spot inside the venue to a forum dinner, a big after-show party of some sort, or even a day trip to Boulder or Denver.

In an effort to keep things simple, we could plan to meet in between sets on Thursday, Feb. 16th and then take it from there. I'm not familiar with the venue, but I would think that meeting on the floor behind the soundboard could be a good spot.

Let me know what you think. Below is the list of people on the Broomfield roll call from another thread. We're up to 22 names!

1) Deadontherivet
2) Jade aka ECO
3) wlewis
4) denver man
5) perry
6) edheadwharfrat
7) taper.tsquare (trent)
FurthurFlower67
9) Strider
10) Wundurland
11) Cosmic Arkie
12) Willy aka Bilbo
13) GratefulDad420
14) Tim aka TMGLF2
15) Lil' Mama
16) MonkeyMan
17) Bluetrainsugaree
18) Iriecycle
19) Strangerinboulder
20) GKB
21) Little Bear
22) ruby_clair
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Blast-Off in Broomfield - Forum Get-Together

#120827 2 years, 8 months ago
The negative to meeting on the floor is that you have to have floor tickets to even get down there...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#120828 2 years, 8 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
The negative to meeting on the floor is that you have to have floor tickets to even get down there...

damn, a flaw in my plan already. on to plan "B" i suppose.

Denver Man: any suggestions for a better meeting spot?
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by .
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#120829 2 years, 8 months ago
Denver Man wrote:

I agree. If we do a set break hookup at Broomfield I think it would be best to be in the concourse between section 120 and 101.

But since we should have an EZup, and hopefully a heater (Thank you Ecojaded!), I think before the show, in the lot, is our best bet.
Takin' it in stride!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#120831 2 years, 8 months ago
I am terrible at get-together coordination.

It depends - Outside there's the lot and shakedown where I think they (ecojaded) are going to set up a booth with the flag, there's in front of the venue (there's 2 entrances), there's the hotel -Aloft, there's the Proto's pizza joint, there's a big open space right next to the parking garage. Inside - you know, there's the lobby which is crowded, there's this little "eating" type sitting area by one of the concession stands over by like section 116, there's the sounboard as you mentioned and maybe most of you have floor seats (I don't but that's ok).

If the weather sucks it could make meeting outside not too fun but just dress warm I suppose.

I guess let's see what people are up for and I'm sure other suggestions will come in
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#120834 2 years, 8 months ago
Do you have to have seat tickets to get into the seats? I was just wondering because I have floor tickets each night and maybe for a set if there are empty seats I may want to sit for a minute or something?

But anyway I would love to do some sight seeing with anyone up for it!! I want to see the mountains, rivers, streams, trees! I wanna experince it all!

Thursday in the lot sounds like the best place for us to all meet up for the first time anyway. If ECO can't bring a canopy I am more then willing to bring mine.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#120835 2 years, 8 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
Denver Man wrote:

I agree. If we do a set break hookup at Broomfield I think it would be best to be in the concourse between section 120 and 101.

But since we should have an EZup, and hopefully a heater (Thank you Ecojaded!), I think before the show, in the lot, is our best bet.

Yeah, I'm thinking the lot with your ez up dealie.
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#120839 2 years, 8 months ago
Denver Man, do you have access to a propane tank to run Ecojaded's heater? If so, we are set.

Show starts at 8:00pm, doors at 7:00pm, parking lots open at 5:00pm.

Here's a plan

Be at the parking lot at 4pm.
if it's open park our cars, then walk over to Proto's Pizza.
If it's not, then we head over to Proto's Pizza.
1st gathering = 4:20pm meeting at Proto's Pizza.
2nd gathering = 6:00-7:30pm meeting at flag/EZup in parking lot.
3rd gathering = set break - wherever we decide, away from bathroom, smoking, concession crowds.
4th gathering = ???? leave it up to chance.
Takin' it in stride!
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#120841 2 years, 8 months ago
meeting in the lot is fine with me, especially if there is a flag or something that will clearly mark the meeting spot.

for those that can't meet up beforehand in the lot, perhaps meeting in the venue near sections 101/120 in between sets is a good option.

regardless, we'll all find each other at some point. the forum people are the ones with long hair and tye dyes... hahahahahaha!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#120847 2 years, 8 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
Denver Man, do you have access to a propane tank to run Ecojaded's heater? If so, we are set.

Show starts at 8:00pm, doors at 7:00pm, parking lots open at 5:00pm.

Here's a plan

Be at the parking lot at 4pm.
if it's open park our cars, then walk over to Proto's Pizza.
If it's not, then we head over to Proto's Pizza.
1st gathering = 4:20pm meeting at Proto's Pizza.
2nd gathering = 6:00-7:30pm meeting at flag/EZup in parking lot.
3rd gathering = set break - wherever we decide, away from bathroom, smoking, concession crowds.
4th gathering = ???? leave it up to chance.

See - that's the mad coordination skills I do not possess! I will more than likely not be able to get there till 6ish Thurs and Fri.

Let's find out from ecojaded what kind of propane tank - the big one that goes on campers or those little quart-sized ones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds