• You are here
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: Any heads in NYC / Long Island/ Queens?

#127701 2 years, 7 months ago
BillyDeLion wrote:
scar1et_f1re wrote:
I just saw the cover band reckoning on Friday night at the Brickhouse Brewery in Patchogue. They are pretty good, decent folks at the shows and the price is right ($5 cover + $5 "home brewed" ale.

Here are a couple of clips some guy in the audience shot. I was trying to avoid being filmed but somehow I'm in both clips that went up. Oh well, no biggie (you can see me on the left side of the stage - more so during Violee Blues - sweater and glasses - slowing spinning - also jumping a bit during Bertha but once I saw him filming I went to a quieter spot). When I saw this guy filming I just knew I'd find this on youtube this morning, and I was right.

Small world - A friend of mine took that video!

That is too funny. I was trying to avoid your friend the entire evening. I just normally don't like to be filmed while I'm wearing my freak flag...actually I don't care about the filiming, it's ending up on youtube that I was trying to avoid.

Oh well, live and learn. my only concern would be if one of my clients or another professional I work with were to see that clip. I suppose the chances of that are slim to none...unless they too were "on the bus" And if they see it, fluck em if they can't take a joke
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
rick063092
Junior Boarder

#128981 2 years, 7 months ago
Astoria boy here-grew up on 21st Drive just off 19th street..
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#129031 2 years, 7 months ago
really no shit we were neighbors whats your real first name? mines Joel
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#129219 2 years, 7 months ago
I spent about 7 years at 20-74 33rd street. Back on LI now. Are you still in Astoria Rick or the NY metro area?

scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#129241 2 years, 7 months ago
Mickey Hart will be in huntington on August 16th. YAHOOO> Paramout. I THINK tickets are on sale this Friday?

rick063092
Junior Boarder

#129274 2 years, 7 months ago
Got married and moved out to the Island in 96, my parents are still on the old block..Great for City shows..pull the car into the driveway, head up Ditmars to the train..maybe stop at Rose and Joe's for a bakery grandma slice..can't beat the commute to any venue in the city...hipsters are moving in though; as the original owners pass, the new owners are renting out their 2nd floors..used to never have a problem parking on 21st drive..lucky for the driveway.. my parents are loving the property value growth, but miss a lot of the old stores and the "quaintness" of old Astoria...all good though, if there has to be a change glad it's one for the better..
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by rick063092.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#129283 2 years, 7 months ago
yeah i hear ya we rent out my moms house rents r thru the roof when i was renting i was paying 900 for a 2nd floor of house when i movedthey did some reno and raised it to 1400 yikes i started out @ 700$ rose and joes mm mm we always hit frankies after the shows for a slice i grew up in astoria left in 2009 i miss the old astoria park those were fun times
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
rick063092
Junior Boarder

#129294 2 years, 7 months ago
The stories Shore Blvd. could tell..as per mid 80's-Ditmars to Hellgate-old school heads and bikers; Hell Gate up until the BB courts mix of beer drinkers and hell raisers..After BB courts-Guido's w/ the infamous Guido Bust Stop on the sharp turn underneath the TriBoro (it was spray painted on the concrete underneath the railings). Last bit up until Astoria Park South was bikers but only those who rode Japanese bikes..Frankie's always open late- good for a post show slice..
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by rick063092.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#129654 2 years, 7 months ago
yeah me and my crew hung from the monument down towards the hellgate and the benches by the playground and of course the meadow
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#129868 2 years, 7 months ago
My wife still makes me bring home burgers from mikes diner (near ditmars train station). I still get my hair cuts there. By where I used to live a lot less Greek and Italian now but more middle eastern. I used to like how the old folks used to hang out outside and watch the neighborhood. And the kids used to play in the streets (safely) at night

The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds