• You are here
SaraP
Fresh Boarder

BEACON ONE NIGHT 2 PPL $1000.00

#111765 2 years, 7 months ago
What a bunch of crap I love Futhur but who has 10,000.00 to do this leg of the tour.... not this girl. Thanks for helping to kill the tour scene little by little. Please at least come back to Bethel this summer BEST SHOW ALL YEAR. Great venue!!!
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

Re: BEACON ONE NIGHT 2 PPL $1000.00

#111768 2 years, 7 months ago
Where did you see that? Stubhub is charging like $142 and $146 for the Friday night and Saturday night shows. I know it's ridiculous, but a far cry short of $1000 for two people.
Chester
More or less in line

#111828 2 years, 7 months ago
Please dont do business with Stub hub or any scalpers. We need to try and stop these practices of allowing
them to do things like this. It's not really Furthurs fault, other than the decision of where to play. I've said in
other threads, I think some tickets will be come available, closer to the show dates. I hope you all get the
shows you want. And I think a great summer tour will make everything better.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, rockinbob
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#111839 2 years, 7 months ago
I am waiting as long as I can, but if I don't find tickets within a couple weeks of the shows, I may have to do the stubhub thing. I mean I hate to pay more, but I hate to miss a show even more. I have found 1 ticket for Sunday, so far. But I plan on going to all of them, and I'll need at least two per show, so Stubhub or a scalper may be my only option. I mean, I would rather pay more than just not go, especially since I am going to be there.

I don't know how it is for others, but I am not the kind of person to say, oh well, I'll just catch another one, because it's not like they ever play the exact same show, so every night I miss, is one I will never be able to see again. The longer I wait, too, the higher the prices go on Stubhub. When i first looked, they were $80-125 for the cheapest tickets, and now they are up to $140+ for the weekends, which means the closer it gets, the more I will have to pay. Trust me, I am being patient, but I would rather not spend $200 a ticket, and I'll most likely have to buy two every night.

I am not sure how important it is to you to see every show, but for me, it's all I want to do. Every show I miss, leaves me extremely depressed. Every time I miss a show, it's one I find out I should have been at for this reason or that. I know for some people it's just a rock concert, but for me, it's a way of life. It's MY way of life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, amusingdeva, rockinbob
Chester
More or less in line

#111858 2 years, 7 months ago
I do understand. I would like to see every show too. And I may still try and make a Beacon show or two,
if I can end up affording it. I know from experience that extra tickets are always most readily available in
the weeks just before a show. People buy tickets for friends, who end up not being able to make it. Or
just got an extra on speculation. And some of those will pop up for sale on boards just like this one. I will
personaly keep my eyes open for any extras for you, or any one here. They are all very special and unique
experiences. I agree with you 100%. No two are ever alike.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#111912 2 years, 7 months ago
Thanks a bunch, I appreciate it! I usually do very well outside the venue, but in NYC the day of the show, it gets kind of nerve racking as the time draws near. I haven't gotten shut out yet, but last year at Best Buy theater, there was a night or two I cut it real close, and that always makes me worry. Being that this venue is so tiny, I don't wanna risk sitting out a show, but I am going to wait until it gets down to the wire. Got 1 night so far, but I'll still need at least one more for that night, and I'll need two for every other night, minimum.. I am going to get down to the box office early, because they almost always release a few more the day of the show.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#111923 2 years, 7 months ago
Best of luck GD, you'll get in to all of them as you stated that this is your life and your intentions are good so the tix will find their way to you. I know how you feel though as I missed the first 2 songs in Boca looking for a ticket and it sux missing a note much less a song. Stay positive like you are and it will come your way for ALL the shows... Chester, if you end up going, GET A HOLD OF ME!!!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#111990 2 years, 7 months ago
My philosophy for my trip to the Beacon is if I can't find an extra before I go I'll head down to the Beacon Friday and Saturday and try and find a ticket for a few hours, if not life goes on...I would love nothing more than to be able to do Thursday-Sunday (I have Thursday and Sunday tickets already), but if I can't find some for face + fees then I'll just have to go explore NYC some. I love Furthur to death, but I hate scalpers and I'm not letting them get any of my hard earned money from busting my ass 30 hours a week for minimum wage while making Dean's List at a University
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#111991 2 years, 7 months ago
Also, Rockinbob I hope I get to meet you and the others that I have not met yet and I look forward to running into those who I have met...Chester best of luck I hope you can make the trip!
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
SaraP
Fresh Boarder

#112055 2 years, 7 months ago
With hotel and parking in the city easy grand a night for a couple
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds