• You are here
pink11
Platinum Boarder

FREE LEONARD PELTIER!

#266358 1 year, 1 month ago
It is time to let that man go home.
36 years.
I think Furthur and other bands should do a massive concert on his behalf.
I guess it would need to be in DC so Obama could not ignore it.
With lots of celebrities.
I was thinking about him last night and I just googled him to see what was going on and found out June 26 was declared Leonard Peltier Day by the Oglala Sioux people. I also found a response to it by Leonard himself,
www.nuvo.net/indianapolis/a-word-from-an...2623000#.Uc0B8uChDzI
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, the highway terror, SunshineSue, Hayduke
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Re: FREE LEONARD PELTIER!

#275579 12 months ago
I'd say as a show of good will to indigenous peoples of this land you let him out. At least have a retrial. This has been very controversial in terms of the act committed, as well as whether or not he was the perpetrator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pink11
stricken
Gold Boarder

#279800 11 months ago
The Government needed to hang the case on someone and he was there best guess as to a perpetrator. Happens more than it should.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#304624 6 months ago
They've been trying to get him released since he was arrested all those years ago.
They know he's not guilty, it's a matter of the dead agents and the government smacking down anyone "cheeky" enough to stand up to them.
Some of their goons got killed doing something illegal and someone's gotta pay, and Leonard is their Fall-guy,They're just a bunch of sore losers
True justice is dead unless you fight for it.
I wish the man nothing but the best of luck, he's up against cold uncaring enemy.
pink11
Platinum Boarder

#305811 5 months, 2 weeks ago
It would be so easy for Obama just to pardon him with one swift move of his pen. He has that power. I think it is cowardly not to stand up to his opposers. But then, in truth Obama has been a big disappointment to me. He never fought for single payer health care or Medicare for all and instead encourages us to pay big for profit middle men insurance cos whose execs make huge salaries. Now I expect he will put through the keystone pipeline and further lead to pollution. Clearly, it will just be a matter of time till oil leaks as it ALWAYS does, and I just found out the oil co.s have been able to write off clean up as a tax break. I think Bernie sanders is trying to stop at least that nauseating aspect. We took this land from Native Americans and now we mess it up good. Sadly, We will reap what we sew. Sorry to go off on a soapbox tangent.

Jimmy buffet for president
And
FREE LEONARD PELTIER!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paige MoonDancer
Paige MoonDancer
Senior Boarder

#306182 5 months, 2 weeks ago
I think Zappa the younger should run for president

Zappa plays Zappa for President
pink11
Platinum Boarder