• You are here
catsandcows
Fresh Boarder

Re: We all hate Puppy Mills

#234912 1 year, 8 months ago
westminster is coming up soon. this is a showcase of dogs that made it without having the wrong colored ears or spots too big. thousands of puppies died to create the dogs shown at westminster.
the akc is recognizing two new breeds this year. again, literally thousands of dogs were killed to get these breeds into the akc.
please, let’s also remember “reputable” dog breeders kill puppies that do not meet breed standards. papillons with floppy ears, dalmatians with too many spots, flat-coats with a white chest, toy breeds that are too big. many of these breeders use county animal services to euthanize the puppies. most breeders will not let imperfect puppies into the world, regardless of that puppies ability to reproduce. these same breeders will collect sperm from their dogs prior to chemotherapy treatments. these are very weird people.
how ridiculous is it that usually reasonable humans will spend several hundred dollars on a fancy mutt if one calls the dog a labradoodle or a puggle. the history of the these new mixed breeds is horrific.
the breed specific rescue organizations have a never ending supply of animals. nice, fabulous dogs people paid great sums of money for, then abandoned. i would guess one could get every american breed via a rescue.
don't dream it, be it
dreams are lies, the dreaming is real
Chester
More or less in line

#236012 1 year, 8 months ago
Bump.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#237402 1 year, 8 months ago
Just want to share a feel-good story:

One of my best friends had lost his 13 year old dog, Delilah, (with the coal black hair) a few years ago. His job had him visiting a rural vets clinic daily, where they had a puppy who had been brought to them. This puppy was found in a garbage bag with her 6 dead siblings by the side of the road. Vets get shitloads of abandoned animals but rarely have the resources to do much with them unless someone comes to rescue them (hint, hint, hint) and at some point they have no choice but to turn them over to shelters where they are often euthanized. Needless to say my friend, John, committed to take this dog on the last day before they were gonna send her to her doom. Gracie is now a happy hound living in the woods outside Statesville NC. You too can make a difference by getting a dog from the pound, vet or rescue resource.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#243559 1 year, 7 months ago
lightchaser wrote:
Just want to share a feel-good story:

One of my best friends had lost his 13 year old dog, Delilah, (with the coal black hair) a few years ago. His job had him visiting a rural vets clinic daily, where they had a puppy who had been brought to them. This puppy was found in a garbage bag with her 6 dead siblings by the side of the road. Vets get shitloads of abandoned animals but rarely have the resources to do much with them unless someone comes to rescue them (hint, hint, hint) and at some point they have no choice but to turn them over to shelters where they are often euthanized. Needless to say my friend, John, committed to take this dog on the last day before they were gonna send her to her doom. Gracie is now a happy hound living in the woods outside Statesville NC. You too can make a difference by getting a dog from the pound, vet or rescue resource.
don't make no difference to me.
Chester
More or less in line

#244309 1 year, 7 months ago
Bump.